vacant, Research Supervisor
Vivian Jefferson, Research Specialist
Main phone: 571-252-1310
Enrollment & Achievement Reports Research Proposals
We are currently reviewing applications to conduct research in the 2021-2022 school year. Proposals are not accepted during the month of August.
- Promote best practices for the use of data throughout the school division;
- Collect and analyze data to support equitable policies and practices as requested by the School Board, school and district staff, and community stakeholders;
- Communicate the meaning and implications of data using a variety of modalities;
- Conduct equitable evaluations of key programs and practices;
- Coordinate the review of professional and student research proposals; and
- Build capacity for program evaluation within the central office.
The Research Office supports teachers, schools and central office leadership, and other staff with their continuous improvement efforts through:
- Assisting with data collection, analysis, and interpretation to better inform instructional decisions, programmatic improvement, and policy implementation;
- Designing and supporting data analytics, reports, and visualizations using QLIK;
- Managing and support assessment practices in PowerSchool and Measures of Academic Progress (MAP);
- Coordinating and managing surveys to collect data to serve the needs of school and central office staff, teachers, students, and parents;
- Developing and conducting program evaluations to guide ongoing planning; and
- Providing ongoing professional development and assistance related to processes and data-driven decision-making.
Data Analysis and Reports
Program EvaluationsOur internal evaluators conduct formative and summative evaluations of new and established instructional programs administered within LCPS. The methods for reviewing these programs vary depending on the research questions, program design, and reporting requirements. To inform program staff and other key stakeholders of program effectiveness, we complete evaluation briefs and annual reports.
All research conducted in Loudoun County Public Schools requires written approval. Studies subject to approval include thesis and dissertation research by graduate students, university research projects, surveys by non-LCPS entities, and program evaluations sponsored by external organizations. Click here to access the Research Request Form and information about the approval process.