- Promote best practices for the use of data throughout the school division;
- Collect and analyze data to support equitable policies and practices as requested by the School Board, school and division staff, and community stakeholders;
- Communicate the meaning and implications of data using a variety of modalities;
- Conduct equitable evaluations of key programs and practices;
- Coordinate the review of professional and student research proposals; and
- Build capacity for program evaluation within the central office.
The Research Office supports teachers, schools and central office leadership, and other staff with their continuous improvement efforts through:
- Assisting with data collection, analysis, and interpretation to better inform instructional decisions, programmatic improvement, and policy implementation;
- Designing and supporting data analytics, reports, and visualizations using QLIK;
- Managing and supporting assessment practices in PowerSchool and Measures of Academic Progress (MAP);
- Coordinating and managing surveys to collect data to serve the needs of school and central office staff, teachers, students, and parents;
- Developing and conducting program evaluations to guide ongoing planning; and
- Providing ongoing professional development and assistance related to processes and data-driven decision-making.