Scroll down to apply

    scroll down


    Gabrielle Carpenter, Student Services Coordinator

    Dawn Mahoney, Program Assistant


     Policy 8155, School Assignment, allows registered families to file a request for their child to attend a school other than the one assigned to their address of residence within Loudoun County.  Please see Policy 8155 (above) for complete details.


    The special permission request window for the 23-24 school year will open on 4/1/23 at 10:00 am.

    LCPS employees that are residents of Loudoun County may apply beginning March 1 at 10:00 am for their child to attend their base school of employment or an elementary school in their employment cluster.


    If you have recently moved out of your current school zone to another school zone within Loudoun county and would like your child to continue in their current school, you may file for a Move-Out family relocation.  You must update your address with your current school's registrar first.  Then click the link below to apply for special permission.  You must provide documentation to support your request in the form of a new lease, deed or settlement sheet.  Your relocation must have taken place on or after August 25, 2022. 


             17-18 special permission request    



    If a parent/guardian wishes to cancel or rescind a special permission after it has been granted, a written request must be submitted to the office of Special Permissions. 

     Please note for rescinding a special permission at the elementary school level, if the student's home school is at grade level capacity, the student will be assigned to a regionally placed school.

      If a parent or legal guardian receives a denial of a request for special permission and wishes to appeal the decision sent from Gabrielle Carpenter, Student Services Coordinator, the parent should email their written correspondence to:

    Gabrielle Carpenter, Student Services Coordinator
    Loudoun County Public Schools
    21000 Education Court Ashburn, VA 20148
    Phone:  (571) 252-1021
    FAX:  (571) 252-1242
Last Modified on March 7, 2023