Welcome To Virtual Loudoun
Virtual Loudoun offers online courses through Schoology using content that is aligned to the Standards of Learning to offer new educational opportunities to students. These courses present educational material and credit courses at the high school level to students using online resources.
LCPS also uses other online vendors to offer courses to students. Virtual Loudoun courses are full-year courses offered in a condensed term. Students should expect, on average, to dedicate 140 hours to complete a 1 credit course within the term period.
2020 - 2021 School Year Term Dates
- Term 2 begins January 25, 2021, and ends May 7, 2021
- Term 3 begins May 31, 2021, and ends August 6, 2021
2021 - 2022 School Year Term Dates
- Term 1 begins August 30, 2021, and ends December 10, 2021
- Term 2 begins January 24, 2022, and ends May 6, 2022
- Term 3 begins May 30, 2022, and ends August 5, 2022
For Terms 1 and 2, there are no fees associated with approved course enrollment for LCPS students.
Course fees apply in Terms 1 and 2 for non-LCPS students and to ALL students in Term 3.
Full term details can be viewed on the
Virtual Loudoun Program Calendar.
NOTE: Non-LCPS students may not be eligible to take SOL tests.
TERM 3 NOTES
Enrollment in Grade 10 Health and Physical Education
Students MUST be 15 prior to the first day of the 2021-2022 school year to enroll in Virtual Loudoun HPE with Driver Education.
Students who take Health and Physical Education 10 WITHOUT Driver Education with Virtual Loudoun may choose to enroll with the state Driver’s Education program at a later date. See information on the State’s program website VADETS . (This enrollment is NOT a part of Virtual Loudoun and fees apply)
Term 3 - Spring/Summer 2021:
- Students MUST be 15 prior to the start of the 2021-2022 school year to enroll in Driver Education.
- Students who are not eligible to enroll in the Term 3 Health and PE with Driver Education portion of the course are permitted to register for Health and PE 10 ONLY.
- See information regarding VADETS registration separate from Virtual Loudoun.