Carolyn Solares, Coordinator
21000 Education Ct., Room 531
Ashburn, VA 20148
Phone: 571- 252-1393
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: By Appoinment ONLY
Due to COVID - 19 the office is currently closed. If you need to get in touch with us please send us an email.
Adult Education follows the LCPS extracurricular and evening activities schedule.
There will be no classes when evening activities are canceled.
Check out the Changes & Updates section for the latest class information
All payments are ONLY ONLINE
Starting in Fall 2019, we no longer will have the ability to mail catalogs to residence. The catalog will be available for download on the website, www.lcps.org/adulted. Limited copies will be available at LCPS schools.
Adult Education Sites
Academies of Loudoun
42075 Loudoun Academy Drive
Leesburg, VA 20175
Dominion High School
21326 Augusta Drive
Sterling, VA 20164
Loudoun County High School
415 Dry Mill Road, SW
Leesburg, VA 20175
Park View High School
400 West Laurel Avenue
Sterling, VA 20164
Staff Training Center
43711 Partlow Road
Ashburn, VA 20147
Rock Ridge High School
43460 Loudoun Reserve Dr.
Ashburn, VA 20148
Registration - Online
Note: Given the current situation with COVID-19, classes will be offered online. Some classes may not have an online option. Please read class description. If at some point classes resume to in-person option, students will be informed via email with any changes.Please read carefully before continuing to register online.
If you are new to Adult Education, please click on "Add New Account". Enter your personal information, choose a password, mailing options, and click on "Add Account"
Please note: If you've taken courses with us before, you may already have an account. You can log in to your existing account by typing your email, click on "Forgot Password", and then reset it.
Once logged on, choose your class. You may search by location, city, dates, instructor, etc. Please read all class information carefully (materials needed, date/time/location). The Enrollment Progress bar will display the percentage you already completed.
Click on "Enroll Yourself".
Review course information once again before submitting your request, and finally proceed to enter your payment. You will get an email confirming your successful online registration shortly after submitting your payment.
All refunds must be requested online using the “Refund Request” please click on the web link: Refund Request. If you have any issues submitting your request, do not hesitate to contact the Adult Education Office at 571-252-1393 or send us an email to: email@example.comAll payments will be done online.
Many classes become full. To be placed on the waitlist; complete the registration form and mail/fax or call the Adult Education office DO NOT SEND PAYMENT. If a space becomes available, you will be contacted by the Adult Education office and payment will be due then. Once a class begins, the wait list becomes inactive and late registrations will not be accepted.Please note: Enrollment opens August, 3rd 2020Use this link to use our online registration system: Adult Education Online Registration Website
NOTE: Senior Citizen discount option is not available when using the online registration option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
To take classes with Adult Education you must 18 and older. To receive a Certificate of Attendance, students must have a 70% of participation in class.
How to register for classes & make payment?
- You MUST register before attending a class. Registrations are processed in the order received, and are not accepted after the start of a class.
- Online Registration: (Credit card payment is ONLY accepted with online registrations) for General Adult Class not for English Learners (EL) classes.
- English Learners (EL) classes registration, payments and testing will be done online.
- GED Preparatory Classes MUST attend an Information Sessions before registering.
Where do I find my Textbook/Supply List?
- Supply and Textbook Information can be found on our website site, please click on the link Supply & Textbook. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your class name in the subject area and your e-mail will be forward to the instructor.
Are there any Fees when registering for classes?
- Online payments have an extra fee depending on course.
- How do refunds work? Refunds are returned to students in the form of a check if class is cancelled due to low enrollment or Schedule changes are made by the Adult Education Department & it can take up to three weeks for processing. Refunds must be submitted before the class starts, to request a refund please fill out the Refund Request Form. Once you fill out the form it will be sent directly to the Adult Education Office.
- NO REFUNDS will be given after the start of class. NO Switches will be allowed after the start of class.
Do you offer senior citizens discounts?
- Seniors Citizens must be 60 years of age or older, who reside in Loudoun County may register for SOME Classes and receive 25% off the regular tuition fee. In order to receive the discount, please email adult education office for instructions.
- Discounts are NOT available when paying by Credit Card. >Senior Citizen Discount are NOT AVAILABLE for the following Classes; this message will be displayed in our Catalog below each subject (No Senior discount available)
Business & Computer Software
Trade & Industry
If you have questions regarding the senior citizen fees, please contact the Adult Education office.
What happens if LCPS Schools are closed?
- Adult Education follows the LCPS extracurricular and evening activities schedule. There will be no classes when evening activities are canceled. Classes will NOT Meet when schools are closed for Holidays (NOTE: Teacher workdays are not considered Holidays)
- For emergencies or school closing; schools may close all day or close early. If the schools are closing or are closed; announcements will be made over the Local Radio, TV stations and Adult Education website, www.lcps.org/adulted.
Local Radios: WTOP 103.5 FM/1500 AM, WINC 92.5 FM, WMAL 630 AM & WROX 107.3
TV Stations: WRC TV 4, WTTG TV 5, WJLA TV 7, WUSA TV 9 & New Channel 8
PLEASE DO NOT CALL SCHOOLS OR SCHOOL BOARD OFFICES
Changes & UpdatesNote: Given the current situation with COVID-19, classes will be offered online. Some classes may not have an online option. Please read class description. If at some point classes resume to in-person option, students will be informed via email with any changes.
Adult High School
The Adult High School classes are designed for individuals who need between one (1) and ten (10) credits to complete their Standard High School Diploma requirements.
August 12, 2020 - February 26, 2021
Adult High School Quick Facts
- A transcript from the last school attended must be presented prior to registration.
- All course work must be completed by June 4th, 2021. Classes are currently held 100% online, and self paced. Therefore students must have internet access.
- Students will be assigned independent work through the Credit Recovery Program BUT will be required to meet with instructors on a weekly basis.
- Tuition is $300 per course payable at time of registration by credit card. We have no scholarships or financial aid available.
- Note: If in-person classes resume, meeting with Instructors will be held at Park View High School located at: 400 W. Laurel Avenue, Sterling VA 20164.
- Upon completion of course work, students may obtain a transcript showing their diploma status. Diplomas are available in June.
*ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ADH/GED®, Adult Basic Education, and Adult High School classes.
For more information, please contact the Adult Education Office571-252-1393
English Learners (EL)
Loudoun County Adult Education offers EL classes to Loudoun County residents who desire to improve their understanding of the English language.
Instruction is given in reading, writing, listening and speaking. Classes range from literacy to advanced levels
Classes meet twice a week - 13 weeksStudents MUST register and take a placement test prior to joining the EL classes.
Classes start the week of February 8th, 2021
Registration will open on December 14th
Please note: Given the current situation with COVID 19, classes will be offered online. If classes resume in in-person, students will be informed via email of any changes.
Participants enrolling must have access to:
· Smart Phone (Mobile)
· Computer & Internet
Recommended and important online courses skills:
· Computer skills
· Organizational skills
· Network of support
Payment is due when you register - Credit Card ONLY.
Tuition - $150.00 plus $20.00 Non-Refundable enrollment fee - Total - $170.00
Follow the next steps:
- Complete the registration form by filling: (Registration link will be available Dec 14th)
- Once we receive your Enrollment Request, we will send you a payment link to the email you provided. Have your credit card available.
- Once payment is processed, you'll get further instructions on how to schedule your online placement test. A placement test is required.
Before classes start, you will be notified of your class and teacher information.
Class Location - Only if in-person class resume
•Daytime Classes - Time, days & level will depend on the Placement TestMon-Wed OR Tue-Thu9:00 AM – 11:30 AM OR 11:45 AM – 2:15 PM•Evening ClassesMon-Wed OR Tue-Thu6:30 - 8:30 PM
For more information email us at email@example.com
English Learners (EL) - Aprenda Inglés
El programa de Educación para Adultos del Condado de Loudoun (Loudoun County Adult Education) ofrece clases de inglés (EL) a los residentes del Condado de Loudoun.
La instrucción incluye: Comprensión, lectura, escritura, y conversación. Se ofrece en diferentes niveles, desde nivel básico hasta avanzado.
Las clases de EL son dos veces por semana durante 13 semanas
Los estudiantes DEBEN registrarse y tomar un examen de ubicación de nivel.
Las clases comienzan la semana del 8 de febrero de 2021
El periodo de registro se abrirá el 14 de Diciembre del 2020.Nota: Dada la situación actual con COVID 19, las clases se ofrecen únicamente en línea via Google Meet. Si ésto cambiara, los alumnos serán informados por correo electrónico.Los participantes deben tener acceso a:
Es recomendable que el estudiante tenga:
- Teléfono celular
- Computadora & Internet
- Habilidad en el uso de computadora
- Habilidades organizativas
Para matricularse, por favor siga los siguientes pasos:
- $150 para matrícula
- $20 de tarifa de inscripción (no-reembolsable)
- Total: $170
- El pago debe hacerse al momento de la inscripción
1) Complete la forma de registro haciendo clic al enlace.
(El Enlace estará disponible el 14 de Diciembre)
2) Una vez que recibamos la forma de inscripción, le enviaremos un link para el pago.
Tenga su tarjeta de crédito a la mano.
3) Después de haber hecho su pago, recibirá instrucciones para que tome su examen de ubicación.
El examen de ubicación es mandatorio.Una semana antes del comienzo del semestre, le enviaremos la información sobre su clase y maestro.• Clases Diurnas - Horario, días y nível dependerá en el examen de ubicación.9:00am – 11:30am ó 11:45am – 2:15pmLunes y miércoles; oMartes y jueves• Clases Nocturnas6:30pm – 9:00pmLunes y miércoles; oMartes y jueves
Para más información, por favor envíe un correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
GED Prep ProgramGeneral Educational Development (GED) Preparatory Class Information
Did you know Almost 50% of jobs in the USA require a minimum of a GED Certification? It is time to work on your future today! Our goal is to help you achieve your GED Certification. Loudoun County Adult Education offers preparatory classes to help provide basic skills instruction to adults whose math and reading skills have been assessed at or below the GED® readiness level.
Our program provides resources, support, and career services to help you obtain your GED certification. We offer a combination of instructor led, individualized, and online classes that are flexible and convenient. Join us for an information session, and find out what the GED Certification is all about.English proficiency (In All Areas, Writing, Reading, Speaking & Listening) is required for all GED classes.Please note: Given the current situation with COVID 19, all classes will be offered online. If at some point, classes resume to an in-person option, you will be notified.We offer two types of programs online - GED Live Online & GED Online Self Paced.Requirement - Prior to starting any classes, you must meet with our staff members by phone/video, and attend our Informational Session. Our orientation is free! No commitment necessary. In order to receive instructions on how to join, click on the link: GED Candidate Form.Next Orientation date: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 @ 6:00pmPlacement - After you attend our orientation, you must take our placement exams. These tests will be taken online with a proctor, and will assist with obtaining your academic progress to place you in the appropriate classes. You may not begin classes without a placement test. Due to the pandemic, group testing is not available. Individual testing is by appointment only.GED Live OnlineThe program meets online Tues/Wed/Thurs (6:30pm - 8:30pm). All four subjects available + academic support. 10 weeks per session.GED Online Self PacedThis program is self directed, with limited academic support. All four subjects at once, pre-requisites apply. 12 weeks per session.
The LCPS Adult Education Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to adult students. If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate, please contact the Adult Education Office, 571-252-1393 or via email: email@example.com to discuss your specific needs.