Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits discrimination based on sex in education programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance. Title IX states “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from all forms of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
Title IX Coordinator:
Students, parents, employees, or applicants who wish to file a Title IX complaint should contact the Title IX Coordinator for Loudoun County Public Schools:
- School Board Policy 1040: Equal Opportunity for Equitable, Safe and Inclusive Environment
- School Board Policy 7012: Equal Opportunity Employment
- School Board Policy and Regulation 7014: Environments Free from Harassment, Discrimination, and Abuse
- School Board Policy 8-6: Sex Discrimination and/or Sexual Harassment
Training of Title IX Team Members:
In December 2020, members of the LCPS Title IX Team participated in specialized training on how to respond to and investigate complaints of sex discrimination and sexual harassment. This training was provided by the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA). Information about the ATIXA training materials provided during the training can be found at: (https://atixa.org/2020-regulations-requirement-posting-of-training-materials/).
Links to materials provided during the specific training courses can be found at:
- Coordinator Training: https://www.atixa.org/?download_library_file=69095&tkn=93ea4863b6
- Investigator Training: https://www.atixa.org/?download_library_file=70679&tkn=f16bc0a5d1