Community Use of LCPS School Facilities
Hello and Welcome!
Thank you for your interest in facility use within Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS). When not occupied during instructional days and student activity times, LCPS school facilities are available for use by the community in accordance with School Board Policy and Regulation 6310 - Facility Use, Schedule of Facility Use Fees 2023 - 2024, and Facility Use "Terms and Conditions".
Organizations requesting the use of LCPS facilities must be registered as an approved user and have established a facility use account. In order to begin the registration process, select this link: Community Use Organization Self Registration.
Visuals are provided here to assist you in completing the organization's self-registration process:
Requesting Access to CommunityUse - System Use Video Tutorial
NO REQUEST FOR USE OF LOUDOUN COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS MAY BE MADE BY EMAIL OR BY TELEPHONE.
ALL REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE ON-LINE REQUEST PROCESS OR BY COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING A FACILITY USE REQUEST FORM TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SCHOOL WHERE THE USE IS REQUESTED.
SAME DATE - MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR USE OF SCHOOLS
Though not encouraged, organizations are not prohibited from requesting use at more than one (1) location for events to be held on the same date and time at Loudoun County Public Schools.
However, when more than one (1) location is approved for requested use, it is the responsibility of the organization representative to email the school administration where the additional use is requested and request to cancel use at any school that will not be utilized in accordance with the Facility Use " Terms and Conditions" of which Regulation 6310 - Facility Use is part.
The email notice of cancellation must include a copy to the Office of Facility Use - firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to do so will result in full payment of all facility use fees at all locations where use was requested.
NOTE REGARDING LAW ENFORCEMENT PRESENCE DURING COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION EVENTS AT LOUDOUN COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Community organizations approved for use of Loudoun County Public Schools, who request a law enforcement presence during an event, must first speak with the respective school administrator where the event will be held to obtain approval for the coverage. After such a request, with approval, the administrator will provide to the Office of Facility Use details for the law enforcement coverage requested. The application requesting such coverage will be completed by the Facility Use Coordinator to the respective law enforcement agency. Payment for such law enforcement services will be the responsibility of the organization requesting the coverage. Fees for the coverage will be included as part of the facility use invoice assembled for the event.
Information Regarding Facility Use Invoice Credit Card Payments
By system design, credit card payments for facility use invoices may only be made by the person having completed the registration for access to FSDirect, the facility use system, and only if the person booking the event is the same person paying the invoice.
Should an organization representative experience a problem when attempting to process a credit card payment for a facility use invoice, please immediately e-mail the Facility Use Office at email@example.com and advise staff about the matter. Staff will promptly seek guidance to provide access for the payment.
Facility use invoice payment by check, cashier's check, or money order remains an option. Please make payment to: County of Loudoun and include the facility use invoice number on the information.
Please contact the Division of Management and Coordination|Facility Use with any questions about the use of LCPS Facilities.
Request Use of School Facilities Here - Community Use Portal
- Rooms at schools available to request are the auditorium, auxiliary and main gymnasium/ multipurpose room, cafeteria, and library.
- Athletic areas available to request are natural grass and high school artificial turf playing fields, high school running tracks, and high school tennis courts.
The video at this link Submitting Requests in Community Use provides clear, easy instructions for submitting an online facility use request.
- Classroom and parking lot use at schools must be requested by completing a facility use request form and submitting the form to the school where the use is requested.
Log in and complete your online facility use request here: Community Use LoginLoudoun County Public Schools facility use "Terms and Conditions" requires notification for changes to or cancellation of an event be provided, in writing, to the school administration where the event is scheduled to be held no less than three (3) business days prior to the date of the event, in order to avoid payment of facility use fees. Failure to comply with the "Terms and Conditions" will result in full payment of facility use fee charges for the event.
Facility Use Requests - Cancellations/ Changes/ Multiple (Duplicate) Requests
- Cancellations for use of facilities and grounds within LCPS when not due to an emergency must be in place in accordance with Regulation 6310 - Facility Use to avoid payment of all facility use fees.
- Changes to an approved facility use request - start time/end time/date - must first be approved by the administrator at the school where the use is in place and in accordance with Regulation 6310 - Facility Use. Changes to an approved event will not be made unless/ until the respective school administrator provides directions for the approved change/ changes.
- Multiple (duplicate) facility requests by an organization - use at more than one (1) location within LCPS - either inside and/or outside - for the same date/time, require the organization to cancel all use, not to be held in compliance with Regulation 6310 - Facility Use to avoid payment of all facility use fees.
Facility Use Fees
- Credit card payments for facility use invoices are welcomed, but, by system design, they may only be made by the person having completed the registration for access to FSDirect, the facility use system, and only if the person booking the event is the same person paying the invoice.
- If you have any questions about the facility use fee credit card payments, please contact the Division of Management and Coordination|Facility Use, as noted at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions
Delayed Openings|Early Closing|Closing Information
The safety of all participants and spectators during events held within LCPS is a priority at all times. It is the responsibility of the organization representative to be aware of periods of inclement weather, or other incidences resulting in the need for LCPS to delay opening, close early, or close entirely.
The following sources provide real-time information about after-school, weekend, and holiday delays and closings within LCPS:
- LCPS Website: www.lcps.org (under the article section) during inclement weather announcements are posted regarding the delay, early closing, or closing of schools.
- LCPS Mobile App: Free app available at the Apple App Store and via the Google Play App Store. LCPS sends notifications through the app announcing school delays and closings, similar to a text message.
- Alert Loudoun: School delays and closings are announced via the County of Loudoun - at the following link: Alert Loudoun You may subscribe to receive "only" information about school delays and closings.
- Natural Grass Field Use: During inclement weather, it may be necessary to close LCPS natural grass fields. To ensure fields are open, please verify the field status at the following link: PRCS Field Status WINTER SEASON (mid-November through mid-March) all-natural grass fields are closed.
Approved events may be canceled or postponed for reasons including, but not limited to, emergencies involving student events and activities, inclement weather, and power/water outages. When possible, attempts will be made to avoid postponement or cancellation of approved events.
Information for Athletic Organizations
- Organizations associated with Loudoun County Parks, Recreation, and Community Services (PRCS) must request the use of LCPS facilities directly through PRCS.
- Organizations not associated with PRCS and requesting the use of LCPS gymnasiums or school athletic playing fields must be an organization approved for use of LCPS.
- Organizations not associated with PRCS will be required to pay all applicable facility use fees.
- The appropriate school administrator will review the request and contact the organization representative with any questions about the information provided.
- No facility use request will be considered approved until a confirming email of approval is sent by the LCPS facility use system to the organization representative.
NATURAL GRASS ATHLETIC PLAYING FIELDS CLOSED - NOVEMBER THROUGH MARCH
- Natural grass athletic playing fields at LCPS elementary and middle school locations will be closed for the winter season from mid-November until mid-March. High school natural grass athletic playing fields are closed from mid-November until the end of March.
- Organizations approved for use of LCPS facilities and grounds may check the field status - open or closed - daily, at the following link: LCPS Playing Field Status