Capital Improvement Program
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budget is a six-year financial plan for the acquisition, development, construction, addition, and/or renovation of public facilities, infrastructure, and capital equipment.
For Loudoun County Public Schools, a CIP budget is prepared by the Superintendent in the fall of each year. The recommended capital budget is presented to the School Board for review and action. Following School Board adoption, the capital budget is forwarded to the County Administrator for inclusion in the County's Proposed Fiscal Plan. The Board of Supervisors adopts an annual Fiscal Plan each spring. Authority to spend public funds for identified capital projects is held by the Board of Supervisors and authorized as a part of the annual Fiscal Plan.
Details on specific, active LCPS construction projects can be found on the Division of Construction Services webpage.
- School Board Policy 4160, Capital Improvement Program
- School Board Policy 6520, Superintendent's Recommended CIP: Closure of an Existing School
FY2023 - FY2028 Capital Improvement Program Budget Information:
- FY2023 - FY2028 CIP & CAPP Budget Calendar
- October 26, 2021 - FY2023 (September 30, 2022) Enrollment Projections
- November 9, 2021 - Superintendent's Recommended FY2023 - FY2028 CIP & CAPP
- November 15, 2021 - School Board Public Hearing/Work Session for FY2023 - FY2028 CIP & CAPP
- November 29, 2021 - School Board Public Hearing/Work Session for FY2023 - FY2028 CIP & CAPP
- December 14, 2021 - School Board Action Item (The School Board will take action on the capital budgets on January 11, 2022)
- School Board CIP/CAPP Questions, as of December 16, 2021
- January 11, 2022 - School Board Action Item
Previously Adopted Capital Improvement Program Budgets:
- School Board Adopted FY2023 - FY2028 Capital Improvement Program
- School Board Adopted FY2022 - FY2027 Capital Improvement Program
- School Board Adopted FY2021 - FY2026 Capital Improvement Program
- School Board Adopted FY2020 - FY2025 Capital Improvement Program
- School Board Adopted FY2019 - FY2024 Capital Improvement Program
- School Board Adopted FY2018 - FY2023 Capital Improvement Program