|Identify, locate, evaluate, and use appropriate instructional hardware and software to support Virginia's S.O.L. and other instructional objectives.|
Listed below the standard are items that could (for example) be included in an individual's portfolio that will be reviewed during the formal evaluation conference. The individual can submit other items and justify their purpose in the portfolio, during a conference with the reviewer.
It is the responsibility of the individual to assure that the portfolio items include evidence of proficiency of all eight standards. This list is not meant to be inclusive or exhaustive; however, all portfolio items should be related to classroom activities.
- a print-out of a digital camera image that you produced for a curriculum-related activity (include activity description)
- a document that contains a scanned image that you produced for a curriculum-related activity
- a lesson plan that incorporates student use of computer-assisted instruction software
- a lesson plan that incorporates laser disk usage by teacher or student in an instructional setting
- a lesson plan that incorporates video usage by teacher or student in an instructional setting
- written reviews of three instructional software programs
- written reviews of three web sites that relate to your grade level or discipline (include bibliographic citation)
- a videotape created in a professional or instructional setting