|Use electronic technologies to access and exchange information.|
Listed below the standard are items that could (for example) be included in an individual's portfolio that will be reviewed during the formal evaluation conference. The individual can submit other items and justify their purpose in the portfolio, during a conference with the reviewer. It is the responsibility of the individual to assure that the portfolio items include evidence of proficiency of all eight standards. This list is not meant to be inclusive or exhaustive; however, all portfolio items should be related to classroom activities.
- a lesson plan that incorporates students' active use of the internet
- a print-out of web-based information you retrieved for instructional use
- evidence of your class's participation in a web project
- a print-out of e-mail correspondence between you or a member of your class and an adult "expert" at a remote site
- a print-out of a thread or of an e-mail conversation from a professional listserv you have joined
- a completed web-site evaluation form