- Loudoun County Public Schools
- August 2021
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
School Board Agenda August 10
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday, August 10, in the School Board meeting room at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 21000 Education Court in Ashburn.
The full meeting agenda is available on the LCPS website.
The School Board will accept public comment three ways – in-person, live virtually (remote) and written – at this meeting.
The comment registration forms are limited to the current School Board meeting. Please sign up for only one method of public comment. Speakers will not be allowed to use multiple methods to comment. If duplicate registrations are found, registrants will be contacted to see which method of participation they will use.
Telephone registration for in-person public comment will open at 8 a.m. Monday, August 9, and close at noon Tuesday, August 10. Telephone registration will be accepted at 571-252-1030.
Some procedures for commenting to the School Board have changed:
- Sign-up for public comment will close at noon on Tuesday, August 10.
- Virtual speakers will precede in-person speakers. Virtual speakers should sign on at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
- For those who have not pre-registered, walk-up registrations for in-person public comment will be accepted at the front of the LCPS Administrative Offices until five minutes before the start of the meeting. Walk-up speakers will be added to the end of the in-person comment list.
- At 3 p.m., the list of pre-registered speakers will be posted on the front windows at the west entrance to the Administrative Offices, on sign boards approaching the building and on the school division’s website, https://www.lcps.org/publicspeakers.
- Ten speakers at a time will be admitted to the building. Speakers will proceed into the meeting room. The next 10 speakers will be in line just outside the building and will be admitted as a group. The next 10 speakers will be forming a line to enter the building as the second group prepares to enter.
- Only one speaker at a time will be allowed into the School Board Meeting Room.
- Those speakers not present when the School Board chair calls their name have missed their slot and will not be re-called.
- Public comment will stop at 6:30 p.m., time certain, for a public hearing on an abbreviated school attendance zone change process. This item has been scheduled to meet the requirements of a legal advertisement. It involves the assignment of future communities from the Independence High School cluster to the John Champe High School cluster. This will be the only subject addressed during the hearing. The School Board chair has the option to end comments on other topics. At the conclusion of this hearing, regular public comment will resume.
There also will be some new safety protocols for those entering the Administrative Offices to attend School Board meetings:
- New parking directional signs for visitors will be in place. Those attending the meeting are asked to follow the signs and the instructions of LCPS Safety and Security personnel.
- Only people signed up to speak to the School Board will be allowed to enter the building. No public viewing area will be available during public comment.
- All persons and items entering the building are subject to search.
- The following items will not be allowed inside the LCPS Administrative Offices: bags and purses, backpacks, food, sticks or rods of any kind, voice-enhancement devices, aerosols, noise-making devices, mace, pepper spray, weapons of any kind.
- Mask-wearing for those attending the August 10 meeting in-person will follow LCPS’ current guidance for the 2021-2022 school year and posted signs at the LCPS Administrative Offices.
- There will be no public access to bathrooms or other facilities inside the LCPS Administrative Offices.
The board will consider three action items during the meeting: a Proclamation on Attendance Awareness Month; the Abbreviated Secondary School Attendance Zone Change Process; and the adoption of Policy 8040, Rights of Transgender and Gender-Expansive Students.
The agenda contains 10 information items:
- The Superintendent’s Operational Update.
- The Task Force to Support the Mental Health and Wellness of Students.
- Policy 7060, Professional Conduct.
- Policy 7020, Employment of Supervision of Family Members.
- Adoption of Revised Policy 8270, Student Dress Code.
- Revision of 5030, Assessment and Grading.
- The Fiscal Year 2023 Preliminary Fiscal Outlook.
- The School Board Calendar for the Development of the Fiscal Year 2023 School Operating Budget.
- Town of Leesburg Proffer Funds.
- Charter School Per-Pupil Funding.
The meeting will be live-streamed on LCPS.org and televised on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.