What if I disagree with the eligibility decision?

Posted by:

If you disagree as the parent/guardian, you have the following options:

  • Parental consent is required for the initial eligibility determination and any change in categorical identification.
  • Parents/guardians may write a Member Statement stating your disagreement with the eligibility decision to be included in the child's educational record.
  • Parents/guardians may request an Administrative Review ("AR") of an initial special education eligibility decision within ten (10) business days of the eligibility meeting by contacting the Director of Diagnostic & Prevention Services.  The request will be reviewed, and an official response will be provided in writing via U.S. mail within three to five business days from receipt of the request. Upon approval, an eligibility coordinator will contact you to schedule an AR meeting at a mutually agreeable date and time.  The composition of the Administrative Review committee will be similar to that of the original committee.