- Liberty Elementary School
PTA Meeting Minutes
February 2018 PTA General Meeting Minutes
PTA General Meeting 2/6/18
1. Stem Excellence Award (Art Case, award, and Letter) Huge team effort. Staff and kids are the driving force.
2. Celebration on Stemmerday on 3/10 before Stemmerday starts. (Looking at inviting back older students to celebrate Liberty’s 10 year anniversary.
3. Freedom art cluster concert/ Display from 5-8 on 2/7
4. Welcome Becky Pierce, Hillside Elementary was Dean – excited to be here, glad to kids and way of Liberty.
Raffle at the end of the meeting, chance to win some prizes. Volunteer Breakfast. Only 7 ppl have RSVP’d, have the teachers invite Room Mom or a great volunteer parent.
Assessto: is it possible to offer alternate meeting, afternoon and evening meeting. Second idea, is there a way to use Facebook Live. Sandy: Nomination of Volunteer of the Month. Send a mailed invite to the house to invite them to the PTA meeting.
Odyssey of the Mind: Free workshop, March 2nd (6:30-8:30 pm)
Nominations for PTA positions coming up in May – have teachers spread the word.
SEACC and MSAC – Low Volunteering – overall there is a lower volume of volunteers in the county.
Treasurer: Bingo Night was a big night – budget was $1,000 and brought in $2,300.
Volunteer: Bingo – Basket was turned in, 45 classroom, 39 baskets was turned in. Volunteers is struggling, School Store hasn’t open often (Wednesday, is a rough day) Dulles Food Pantry. Link for upcoming events.
Events: Nothing to report this month.
Secretary: Nothing to report this month.
Teacher Appreciation: Anne and Jen will be heading that.
Box Tops: Deadline is the 2/23 for the current contest. Prize is lunch with the principal.
Need Chair: For Beautification, possible Saturday – group volunteer session to get the outdoor spaces cleaned up and planted.