- Potomac Falls High School
- Principal's Update
Weekly Update: November 23-27
Posted by Molly Rippa on 11/22/2020 3:00:00 PM
Table of Contents
- Weekly Calendar
- Message from the PTSO
- 6th Annual HBCU Showcase
- PFHS Math Lab 2020-21
- Message from the Nurse
- Need Books?
- PSAT for 10th Graders Only
- Panthers Helping Panthers
- PFHS Spirit Wear
- Pet Rescue
- PFHS Athletics Booster
- Make a Wish Fundraiser
- Watch PFHS Sporting Events
- Choolaah Spirit Night - Dec. 8
- Senior Portraits - Dec. 4 & 19
- Request a Book from the Library
- NHS Tutoring Available
- Watch PFHS Athletics
- Step Up Loudoun Youth Competition 2021
- Senior Dues
- Order Your Yearbook!
- Watch Feature Friday!
Work on assignments from your classes. Don't forget to log on to Schoology & see what your teachers are asking for!
Advisory - 9:00-9:20a
Message from the PTSO
- We welcome BetteJo Gonzales as our new PFHS PTSO Scholarship Chairperson! THANK YOU for joining our team! We look forward to providing our graduating seniors with our continued support as they go on to do great things!
- Our Annual PFHS PTSO Senior Scholarships will be available to PTSO members! Make sure you join the PFHS PTSO BEFORE December 31, 2020 for your senior to be eligible to apply!
- Thank you to Atoosa Reaser (our School Board Representative), Mr. Sipes (PFHS Athletic Director), and Dr. Wolfe (PFHS Principal) for catching us up on what's new for semester 2 and having a live Q & A for all in attendance.
- Raffle Winners were: Stephanie Cross and Christina Phillips!
- Please see updates from MSAAC attached below!
6th Annual HBCU Showcase (Virtual)
Monday, November 23, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Live Virtual Event Registration Now Open!
Register to attend: https://sites.google.com/lcps.org/thshbcu
PFHS Math Lab 2020-21
Math lab provides students the opportunity to receive assistance towards understanding the topics presented
in their math class. The lab gives students the chance to ask questions from their notes and then reinforces
their understanding of these topics by working on homework or assessment questions.
Students will complete the google form provided by the Math Lab teacher. Math Lab is open the following
|1/5||9:30 am– 10:30 am|
|2/6||11:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|3/7||1:15 pm – 2:15 pm|
|4/8||2:45 pm – 3:45 pm|
The intent of math lab is for all students in courses Algebra 2 and below to gain additional support outside of
classroom when they need help in math. Math Lab is NOT a tutoring session, nor should it be expected that
the student will have one on one support for the entire time. It is expected all students will bring their notes,
homework, and all other relevant support materials in order to work with the math lab teacher and patiently wait
for their turn. Sessions will be recorded.
- Math Lab attendance will be subject to teacher discretion and space availability
- ALL PFHS policies are expected to be followed
Message from the Nurse
Even though we are in a virtual school environment, please email me your student's Allergy Action Plan, Asthma Action Plan, Seizure Emergency Action Plan, Authorization for Medication Administration and/or Diabetic Medical Management Plan as applicable. We would like to be ready to pivot quickly to the hybrid model and provide for your student's medical needs. Also, in a virtual environment we want your student's teacher to be aware of any health concerns. My email address is Amy.Hisel@lcps.org PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF MEDICATIONS OR MEDICAL SUPPLIES AT THIS TIME. Please note that if your student requires an inhaler during the school day, they will need a spacer available in school due to concerns related to COVID-19.
Click HERE for LCPS Authorization for Medication Administration Form
Click HERE for LCPS Allergy Action Plan/Physician's Order
Click HERE for LCPS Asthma Action Plan/Physician's Order
Click HERE for LCPS Seizure Emergency Action Plan/Physician's Order
Click HERE for Virginia Diabetes Medical Management Plan(DMMP)
PSAT/NMSQT Test for 10th Graders Only
LCPS is pleased to announce that 10th grade students will have an opportunity to participate in the PSAT/NMSQT test administration on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 from 8:00-1:00. This testing event is open only to 10th grade students.
10th Grade students who would like to take the PSAT test must register at this link by Wednesday, December 2: https://webinter.lcps.org/psatregistration
After December 2, late registrations and walk-ins will not be accepted. There is no cost to take the PSAT and transportation is available if requested within the registration portal.
Please contact Mr. Vogl, Testing Coordinator, at Matthew.Vogl@lcps.org if you have any questions about the PSAT for 10th graders on January 26.
Panthers Helping Panthers (video)
Last June, Potomac Falls High School asked for your support of our community’s families who faced significant needs due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The response from the Potomac Falls community was amazing and inspiring. Through your donations, the school provided assistance through the summer and early fall to our school’s students and families.
While our devoted and heroic school cafeteria workers continue to provide meals for Potomac Falls students and families, this assistance is not meant to provide full and complete nutritional needs.
As the COVID-19 crisis continues, many of our Potomac Falls students and families continue to live with food insecurity.
The time has come again for Potomac Falls High School to ask for your support.
With cash and check donations now not possible, we ask for your financial donation in $25 dollar increments to go toward the purchase of grocery store gift cards that will be distributed to our students and families in need.
To make a donation, please go to the PTSO’s Panthers Helping Panthers link on the Potomac Falls website.
We understand that not all are in a position to give, and ask that you donate what you can at this time.
Thank you for your kindness, generosity, and compassion.
Once a Panther always a Panther.
PFHS Spirit Wear
See the new spirit wear offered by the PFHS Sports Boosters. The Potomac Falls Athletic Booster Club is an all-volunteer organization that supports, encourages, and advances the student athletes and athletic programs at Potomac Falls High School. Please consider placing an order to help benefit such a worthy organization.
- Promote initiatives to improve PFHS athletic facilities and equipment
- Award scholarships to qualified student athletes and managers
- Support the concession stands
- Host the PFHS Athletics Hall of Fame
- Conduct an Annual Tailgate for sponsors and special guests
Watching PFHS Sporting Events
Just visit https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/potomac-falls-high-school-potomac-falls-va to subscribe.