Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee
- Current News
- About MSAAC
- Join MSAAC
- MSAAC Awards 2021
Meeting Calendar and Archives
- 2020-2021 General Membership Meeting Notes & Materials
- 2019-2020 General Membership Meeting Notes and Materials
- 2018-2019 General Membership Meeting Notes and Materials
Meeting Minutes Archives
- MSAAC 2017-2018 Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Summaries 2016-2017
- Meeting Summaries 2015-2016
- Meeting Minutes 2014 - 2015
- Meeting Summaries 2013-2014
- Documents and Resources
General Body Meeting Summary 2-19-2014
This month MSAAC announced the date for the second annual Academic Achievement Fair. The fair will be held at Tuscarora H.S. on April 19th. Please mark your calendar as more information is coming. Those interested in volunteering their time and talent are asked to send interest to MSAAC Secretary while the volunteer form is being setup. That email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally the budget is still a hot topic. Review the Resources section below for some action links.
The next meeting is March 19th from 7 to 9PM at the Administration Building. The topic will be the fair and supporting youth in foster care.
- Gifted and Talented Information Nights:
- Leesburg Elementary School, 7 - 8 PM, February 20th
- Harmony Middle School, 7 - 8 PM, February 24th
- Creighton’s Corner Elementary School, 7 - 8 PM, February 26th
- Feb. 26 and 27, March 1 School Board public meetings
- 1st Loudoun Regional Math Tournament- March 22nd; Dominion Trail Elementary
- March 19, MSAAC Meeting- “Building Educational Support for Youth in Foster Care”- Christine Carmouze, Foster Parent Trainer and Recruiter. Loudoun County Foster Care and Adoption Department of Family Services.
- GPS Fair, March 26. Dominion High School. 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- Relay for Life- May 17, NZone in Chantilly, VA
- Science and Engineering Festival, April 26 and 27, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC. Free of charge.
- Loudoun County School Budget Updates: http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/school_board_lashes_out_after_unorthodox_supervisor_request_for_budget_c123
- LEA Day of Action regarding the budget: http://jotformpro.com/form/40365204077954
- Arc of Loudoun- great resource for students with special needs- http://www.paxtoncampus.org/the-arc-of-loudoun/