Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee
- Current News
- About MSAAC
- Join MSAAC
- MSAAC Awards 2021
Meeting Calendar and Archives
- 2020-2021 General Membership Meeting Notes & Materials
- 2019-2020 General Membership Meeting Notes and Materials
- 2018-2019 General Membership Meeting Notes and Materials
Meeting Minutes Archives
- MSAAC 2017-2018 Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Summaries 2016-2017
- Meeting Summaries 2015-2016
- Meeting Minutes 2014 - 2015
- Meeting Summaries 2013-2014
- Documents and Resources
General Body Meeting Summary 1-15-2014
MSAAC kicked off the new year with a conversation from outgoing LCPS Superintendent Dr. Hatrick. It was as inspirational as it was informative.
A Conversation with Dr. Edgar B. Hatrick; LCPS SuperintendentBelow are some quotes from his speech…
- I’ve seen huge change in our county. I’m happy to say that it’s positive and moving in the right direction.
- … it’s moving from good to great. Begin with the end in mind.
- Relationship is what this is all about… (regarding education)
- We set out to find out what were the gaps. MSAAC was about getting together with first hand experience to bring about change. It boiled down to relationships.
- How did students view the teachers? How did teachers view the students? How did parents view the teachers?
- We can’t make changes alone. MSAAC helped us find a way to have a dialog.
- We have to realize the power of our words to help or hurt. There were lots of assumptions.
- Gap between the schoolhouse and the home house.
- It takes everyone to work together.
- What advice would you give the next superintendent- “Take some time to understand what you have so you know the road is ahead of you.” “Work closely with the community. Get involved.” “Love kids.”
- Academic Achievement Fair- rescheduled
- Gifted and Talented Information Nights:
- Sully Elementary School, 7 - 8 PM, January 22nd
- Liberty Elementary School, 7 - 8 PM, January 29th
- Farmwell Station Middle School, 7 - 8 PM, February 10th
- Leesburg Elementary School, 7 - 8 PM, February 20th
- Harmony Middle School, 7 - 8 PM, February 24th
- Creighton’s Corner Elementary School, 7 - 8 PM, February 26th
- GAP Year Fair- February 16, 2014; 2-4 PM; Champe High School
- 1st Loudoun Regional Math Tournament- March 22nd; Dominion Trail Elementary
- March 19, MSAAC Meeting- “Building Educational Support for Youth in Foster Care”- Christine Carmouze, Foster Parent Trainer and Recruiter. Loudoun County Foster Care and Adoption Department of Family Services.
- GPS Fair, March 26. Dominion High School. 6:30 - 8:30 PM.
- Board of Supervisors Meeting; Board Room in the LCPS Government Center. Go to: http://va-loudouncounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/Index/11223
- School Board Meetings. Go to: http://lcps.org/Page/1629
ResourcesLoudoun County School Budget Updates: http://www.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=2857
- Parents/Delegates: please fill out the LCPS Budget form. Be heard and advocate for your child!
- Parent/Delegates please download the meeting summary under the Meeting Summaries link on the web site https://www.lcps.org/Page/117454 and email to your principal and PTO
- Email the MSAAC Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address so that you can be added to the MSAAC email list
- Stay up to date via: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/loudounmsaac
- MSAAC LCPS web site: https://www.lcps.org/Page/1494