Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee
- Current News
- About MSAAC
- Join MSAAC
- MSAAC Awards 2021
Meeting Calendar and Archives
- 2020-2021 General Membership Meeting Notes & Materials
- 2019-2020 General Membership Meeting Notes and Materials
- 2018-2019 General Membership Meeting Notes and Materials
Meeting Minutes Archives
- MSAAC 2017-2018 Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Summaries 2016-2017
- Meeting Summaries 2015-2016
- Meeting Minutes 2014 - 2015
- Meeting Summaries 2013-2014
- Documents and Resources
General Body Meeting Summary 9-18-2013
The purpose of this meeting was to welcome our return Parent/Delegates and introduce our new Parent/Delegates to MSAAC. Below is a summary of MSAAC, meeting topics, and announcements.
WHAT IS MSAAC?
MSAAC is dedicated to work in partnership with the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS), parents and community to further the academic, social and cultural development of every student and to ensure that the needs of all minority students are met.
MEETINGS & COMMUNICATION
MSAAC meets every month on the third Wednesday at the LCPS Administration building.
Every school in the LCPS should have a MSAAC representative. If your school does not have one please contact your PTO and ask for a representative. Each delegate is responsible for communicating what occurs at each meeting and being a resource for the school they represent.
Wednesday, October 16; 7 to 9 PM
Topic: Multiple Facets of Bullying: Awareness and Prevention Month (students are encouraged to attend)
DISCUSSION TOPICS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- MSAAC Calendar of Events through December 2013
- Status of the Revised School Improvement Plans (Indistars)- deadline January 15, 2014
- Academic Achievement Fair- planned for February 2014
- Upcoming College Fair- September 29, 2013, Stone Bridge High School; 4-5:30PM and 6:30-8PM
- In 49 days, Bond vote to support new schools and school improvement to support the 6,000 new students in the area
- Keep an eye out for upcoming community meetings to discuss the opening for the Superintendent position
- Any questions regarding this report or have other items that you'd like to suggest email the MSAAC Secretary: email@example.com