Purchase Replacement Chargers and Chromebooks
A message from LCPS Department of Digital Innovation:
The Responsible Use Policy set forth by LCPS for school purchased devices, includes the expectation that students and staff be responsible for the device that has been provided to them. The User Agreement when receiving a device includes the following: Student Device Agreement
- The assigned device belongs to Loudoun County Public Schools.
- The assigned device is to be used for educational purposes.
- It is the responsibility of the student to protect the assigned device from damage, loss, or theft.
- Changes to the hardware are not permitted.
- The assigned device will be returned in the same condition it was issued (except for normal wear and tear).
- The student is responsible for alerting their teacher (or school-level support) if the assigned device stops working, requires service, or the device gets lost/stolen.
- It is the responsibility of the student to bring the device fully charged to school each day.
- The student agrees to abide by school board policy which outlines acceptable and responsible use of computer equipment when using this device.
- The student will return the device and the charger at the end of the school year.
- The student is responsible for the cost of repairs if they are determined to be caused by intentional damage or neglect.
Based on feedback received from our school community, a new resource has been created for staff, students, and/or parents of LCPS to make personal Lenovo purchases of select Lenovo peripherals on which the district has standardized. The list will continue to grow and eventually consist of actual devices as it matures.
Students can also purchase a replacement charger in the THS School Store for $20.
For your convenience, a quick guide is attached for you to follow to set-up your account on DALY’s website for Personal Purchases. Our students have been assigned Lenovo Chrome 300e devices which will require the associated power adapter to maintain the warranty and prevent possible fires. If the student lost the Chromebook, and/or charger, they are responsible for replacing it.