LCPS Seeking Substitutes
Substitute PositionsLoudoun County Public Schools' substitute positions include but are not limited to:
Substitutes are important to the success of the total school program and are expected to perform in place of the regularly scheduled employee as directed by the school administrator. It is important that substitutes carry out all duties assigned to facilitate the instructional process and to provide for a safe, educationally productive environment in the classroom, the school or the workplace.Substitute Teachers, Secretaries, and Teacher Assistants - The application process is as follows:
- If you need step-by-step instructions, click on the applicable link below.
2. Applicants Holding Teaching Credentials--Apply to IRC2697
- To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants who are selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted via email.
- Upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
- Transcripts for highest degree earned (minimum of a high school diploma). For graduates of foreign institutions, an evaluation of your education credentials must be completed by an agency approved by the Virginia Department of Education. (A list of approved agencies can be found at https://www.lcps.org/cms/lib/VA01000195/Centricity/domain/69/subcentral/Foreign%20Credentials.pdf.)
If you hold any of the following teaching credentials, we must have a copy on file at the time you apply. You will have the opportunity when filling out the online Application to upload your documents. If you are unable to upload your documents, you may mail, fax, e-mail or deliver your information to the location below, with a cover letter. Your PID number must appear on all documents.• current or expired Virginia or Out of State Teaching License• current Virginia or Out of State Provisional License• current Letter of EligibilityIf you are selected to continue our process, you will receive an e-mail from Sub-Central inviting you to attend a Substitute Orientation.3. Applicants Not Holding Teaching Credentials--Apply to IRC2696After review of your application, if selected, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to register for an interview.Proof of Education RequirementsTranscripts printed from or linked to school websites will not be accepted. You must provide a copy of your diploma or transcripts indicating your highest degree received and the date of conferral.Foreign TranscriptsIf you have a degree earned outside of the United States or United States territories, you will need to provide an equivalency of your degree. A list of companies that provide this service for LCPS is available at the following link.Substitute Bus Drivers - For application process and instructions on how to apply, contact the Department of Transportation at 571-252-1700.Substitute Cafeteria Workers - For application process and instructions on how to apply, contact the Department of Food Services at 571-252-1010.Substitute Clinic Assistants and Substitute Nurses – Submit Online Substitute Application and then call Student Health Services at 571-252-1017 for additional training and application requirements
We receive a large number of applications for substitute positions in
Loudoun County Public Schools. Not all applicants are hired.
Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
LCPS Administration Building
21000 Education Court, 3rd floor
Ashburn, Virginia 20148