LCPS Seeking Substitutes
Becoming a substitute
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you've applied to a sub vacancy in the last month, please be aware that it may take longer than normal for Sub-Central to contact you due to an increased number of applications. In addition, be sure your application is complete. Only complete applications will be considered, and you will receive a follow-up email only if you are selected to move forward in the application process. See below for additional information.
- Using Internet Explorer, complete an online Substitute Application in iRecruitment. If you do not have a state-issued teaching license, apply to IRC6516. If you do have a state-issued teaching license, apply to IRC6517.
- Only complete applications will be considered. Please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Application Requirements:
- Employment History: Include at least five years of work experience in the Employment History section of your application. You may list volunteer work in this section as well as paid, professional work.
- Background check requirement: For each entry in your Employment History, include the name, title, phone number, and email address of your supervisor. In addition, be sure to give permission for LCPS HR to contact your current/most recent supervisor.
- Upload the following:
- A current resume; a resume is required in addition to a completed application
- Proof of your highest degree earned, either transcripts or a copy of your diploma*
- If applicable, a copy of your active or expired teaching license or letter of eligibility from your college/university or VDOE
* Graduates of foreign institutions of higher learning must have their education credentials evaluated by an agency approved by the Virginia Department of Education. (A list of approved agencies can be found by clicking this link, Educational Equivalency Companies.)
- Substitute Bus Drivers - For application process and instructions on how to apply, contact the Department of Transportation at 571-252-1700.
- Substitute Cafeteria Workers - For application process and instructions on how to apply, contact the Department of Food Services at 571-252-1010.
- Substitute Clinic Assistants and Substitute Nurses – Submit Online Substitute Application and then call Student Health Services at 571-252-1017 for additional training and application requirements.