- Briar Woods High School
Tech Support & Hotspot Information
TECH HELP & HOTSPOTS
DDI plans to continue to provide technical support throughout the closure. Staff and students can receive technical support through one of the following methods:
- Submit an incident through the Support Center website (https://lcps-amc.saasit.com/)
- Email your question to email@example.com
- Call the Technology Support Center at (571) 252-2122
The Technology Support Center will be staffed from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday - Friday. DDI is also planning ways to enable drop off and pick up for hardware repairs (see below).
The first wave of hotspots arrived, and Wednesday, March 18th, the community received directions on how they can request one. Please note, assignment of these devices is not first come first serve but rather the priority is for families (including teachers) of the greatest need. If you know of families or staff who would require assistance, please have them call the Support Center between 8 AM, and 5 PM or they can submit a request online at http://bit.ly/LCPSHOTSPOTREQUEST. DDI will continue to monitor the level of access and continuously evaluate what LCPS can do to ensure all means all.
Also, nearly all the internet providers have made additional services available for either free or drastically reduced prices, see below:
- Comcast is offering the Essentials internet package for free for 60 days
- AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint have removed data limits for cellular data customers
- Verizon offers unlimited data on hotspots and cell phones
We are expanding our remote technical support on March 27th and will begin offering additional support for physically damaged LCPS computers assigned to students and staff. If a student or staff experiences physical damage with his/her assigned computer, the Department of Digital Innovation will be operating a temporary hardware repair center through April 10th.
The hardware repair center will operate out of the Staff Training Center, located at 43711 Partlow Road Ashburn, VA 20147, adjacent to Cedar Lane Elementary and will be open weekdays from 8:30AM - Noon and 2PM - 4PM, by appointment only
To schedule an appointment, please visit: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR
- New Students (Gr3-12) and new Staff (e.g. teachers) and those who missed a pickup date may use the same appointment scheduler to book appointments to receive new equipment
- Departing Staff/Students (leaving the district) should also use the same appointment scheduler to return their LCPS issued equipment
In an effort to limit the in-person visits to the center, we encourage students and staff to continue utilizing the Technology Support Center for remote help as much as possible (i.e. passwords, account access, etc). The Technology Support Center is available by phone, M-F, 8AM - 5PM. The hardware repair center will primarily be available to support physically damaged hardware assigned to students and staff.
When visiting the hardware repair center at the Staff Training Center, please continue to exercise social distance recommendations to include:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice cough etiquette.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissues.
- If you cough into tissues throw them in the trash and wash your hands immediately.
- Maintain the 6-foot space between one another. If passing documents or equipment, place items on the table in front of you, step back and allow the recipient to step-forward to pick up the item.
Please call 571-252-2100 when you arrive in the Staff Training Center parking lot. We will check you in and call you back when allowed to enter the building. Please remain in your car until you are called to enter the building.