- Loudoun County Public Schools
School Board Leesburg District Vacancy Hearing Agenda December 6 and 7
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a hearing at 5 p.m. Monday, December 6 and continuing on Tuesday, December 7 at 5 p.m. in the School Board meeting room at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 21000 Education Court in Ashburn.
This will be a hearing for filling the Leesburg District School Board vacancy.
The full meeting agenda is available on the LCPS website.
There will be three agenda items for this hearing:
- Public comment (speakers at this public hearing shall limit their comments to the candidates for the Leesburg District School Board vacancy and their qualifications);
- Statements from the sixteen candidates seeking appointment to the Board Seat;
- School Board member questions to the candidates.
The School Board will accept public comment three ways – in person, live virtually (remote) and written – at this meeting. In-person public comment will precede virtual public comment. To sign up and learn more visit the Citizen Participation webpage.
The comment registration forms are limited to the current School Board hearing. Please sign up for only one method of public comment. Speakers will not be allowed to use multiple methods to comment. If duplicate registrations are found, registrants will be contacted to see which method of participation they will use.
Telephone registration for in-person public comment will open at 8 a.m. Friday, December 3, and close at noon Monday, December 6. Telephone registration will be accepted at 571-252-1030.
The School Board has adopted the following guidelines for those who wish to speak at its meetings:
- Residents of Loudoun County (including its incorporated towns);
- Businesses located in whole or part in Loudoun County;
- LCPS taxpayers;
- Current or former LCPS students; parents and guardians of LCPS students that live outside of Loudoun County; or
- LCPS employees and retirees; or representatives of organizations serving LCPS employees and students.
Those wishing to speak to the School Board must provide proof that they meet these criteria using one of the following:
- A valid Virginia driver’s license indicating Loudoun County residency;
- A utility bill from 2021 with the resident’s name and a Loudoun County address;
- A mortgage or rental lease agreement displaying the resident’s name and current street address of residency or business;
- A current Employee ID or Student ID;
- An email or letter from Loudoun County Public Schools to the parent from the 2021-22 school year regarding a currently enrolled LCPS student;
- A student report card or progress report.
The procedures for commenting to the School Board are as follows:
Sign-up for public comment will close at noon on Monday, December 6.
For those who have not pre-registered, walk-up registrations for in-person public comment will be accepted at the front of the LCPS Administrative Offices until 30 minutes before the start of the public portion of the meeting (4:55 p.m.) on Monday, December 6. Walk-up speakers will be added to the end of the in-person comment list.
The list of pre-registered speakers will be posted on the front windows at the west entrance to the Administrative Offices and on the school division’s website.
Those speakers not present when the School Board chair calls their name have missed their slot and will not be re-called.
The following safety protocols are in effect for those entering the Administrative Offices to attend School Board meetings:
The public will be able to view the full School Board Hearing in the School Board Meeting Room. To ensure physical distancing for those attending the School Board hearing, seating will be spaced to avoid close physical contact. This will result in limited public seating in the School Board Meeting Room.
All persons and items entering the building are subject to search.
The following items will not be allowed inside the LCPS Administrative Offices: bags and purses, backpacks, food, sticks or rods of any kind, voice-enhancement devices, aerosols, noise-making devices, mace, pepper spray, weapons of any kind.
Mask-wearing for those attending the December 6/7 hearing in-person will follow LCPS’ current guidance for the 2021-2022 school year and posted signs at the LCPS Administrative Offices.
The meeting will be live-streamed on LCPS.org and televised on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.
Updated December 2, 2021