- Loudoun County Public Schools
School Board Summary October 12
The Loudoun County School Board held a meeting at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
School Board Chair Brenda L. Sheridan (Sterling District), Vice Chair Atoosa Reaser (Algonkian District), Harris Mahedavi (Ashburn District), Ian Serotkin (Blue Ridge District), Andrew Hoyler (Broad Run District), John Beatty (Catoctin District), Jeff Morse (Dulles District) and Beth Barts (Leesburg District) attended the meeting in-person at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 21000 Education Court, Ashburn. At-Large member Denise Corbo attended the meeting virtually.
The full agenda for this School Board meeting can be found on the LCPS website. The video replay of the meeting, indexed to specific agenda items, also is available on that webpage.
The School Board approved two action items during this meeting: a proclamation recognizing October 2021 as LGBTQ History Month and an Amendment to Work Plan (Study and Reconciliation for the Operation of Segregated Schools in Loudoun County).
Andrew Hoyler was appointed to the vacant Broad Run District School Board seat.
The School Board heard five information items:
- Chief Human Resources Officer Lisa Boland outlined PHEL - Paid Health Emergency Leave.
- Chief Operations Officer Kevin Lewis presented the 2021-2022 Enrollment Report.
- Mr. Lewis, Ms. Boland and Chief Financial Officer Sharon Willoughby discussed School Bus Driver Recruitment and Mitigation Strategies.
- School Board Vice Chair Atoosa Reaser (Algonkian District) and Chief of Staff Dr. Mark Smith presented the 2022 Legislative Program.
- Vice Chair Reaser also presented the Revision of Policy 2150, Compensation.
Anika Damaraju, a senior at Briar Woods High School, led the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Panther Choir, composed of vocalists from the Chamber, A Cappella and Show Choirs at Potomac Falls High, sang the National Anthem.
Published October 13, 2021