- Loudoun County Public Schools
School Board Announces Process to Fill Broad Run District Seat
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a public hearing to consider candidates for the Broad Run District seat at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 5, in the School Board Meeting Room, Loudoun County Public Schools Administrative Offices, 21000 Education Court, Ashburn.
This School Board seat has been vacant since the passing of Leslee King on August 31.
The School Board also will hear public comments regarding this vacancy on October 5.
The person selected by the board to fill this vacancy will be the Broad Run District representative through December 31, 2022.
Those wishing to be considered as a candidate must file the following by noon Friday, September 24:
1) a resume;
2) a statement of interest that outlines the candidate’s qualifications and reasons for desiring appointment to the Loudoun County School Board;
3) a sworn and notarized affirmation that the candidate is a qualified voter and a bona fide resident of the Broad Run District (the form Certificate of Candidate Qualification may be used to satisfy this requirement);
4) and any other information the candidate wants to be considered by the School Board.
Submitted information may be subject to disclosure under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
These documents must be filed with Shari Byrne, Clerk of the School Board, via mail at LCPS Administrative Offices, 21000 Education Court, Ashburn, Virginia 20148 or via email at email@example.com.
There have been four School Board vacancies filled in this manner since 2000:
- In January 2003, Robert F. DuPree Jr. was appointed to fill the last year of the term of Mercer District representative Patrick Chorpenning Jr.
- In February 2007, John Stevens was selected to fill the last 10 months of the term of Potomac District representative John A. Andrews.
- In June 2011, Brenda L. Sheridan was appointed to fill the last six months of the term of Sterling District representative J. Warren Geurin.
- In December 2018, Cris Croll was selected to fill the last 13 months of the term of Catoctin District representative Eric DeKenipp.
Published September 15, 2021
Updated September 30, 2021