- Loudoun County Public Schools
School Board Agenda September 14
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday, September 14, in the School Board meeting room at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 21000 Education Court in Ashburn.
The meeting will begin with a work session on strategic planning, followed by a closed meeting at 5 p.m. The public business session of the School Board meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The full meeting agenda is available on the LCPS website.
The comment registration forms are limited to the current School Board meeting. Please sign up for only one method of public comment. Speakers will not be allowed to use multiple methods to comment. If duplicate registrations are found, registrants will be contacted to see which method of participation they will use.
Telephone registration for in-person public comment will open at 8 a.m. Monday, September 13, and close at noon Tuesday, September 14. Telephone registration will be accepted at 571-252-1030.
The procedures for commenting to the School Board are as follows:
- Sign-up for public comment will close at noon on Tuesday, September 14.
- For those who have not pre-registered, walk-up registrations for in-person public comment will be accepted at the front of the LCPS Administrative Offices until five minutes before the start of the public portion of the meeting (6:25 p.m.) Walk-up speakers will be added to the end of the in-person comment list.
- Virtual speakers will follow in-person speakers.
- The list of pre-registered speakers will be posted on the front windows at the west entrance to the Administrative Offices and on the school division’s website, https://www.lcps.org/publicspeakers.
- Ten speakers at a time will be admitted to the building. The next 10 speakers will be in line just outside the building and will be admitted as a group. The next 10 speakers will be forming a line to enter the building as the second group prepares to enter.
- Only one speaker at a time will be allowed into the School Board Meeting Room.
- Those speakers not present when the School Board chair calls their name have missed their slot and will not be re-called.
The following safety protocols are in effect for those entering the Administrative Offices to attend School Board meetings:
- Only people signed up to speak to the School Board will be allowed to enter the building. No public viewing area will be available during public comment.
- The public will be able to view the business portion of the School Board meeting in the School Board Meeting Room once public comment has ended.
- All persons and items entering the building are subject to search.
- The following items will not be allowed inside the LCPS Administrative Offices: bags and purses, backpacks, food, sticks or rods of any kind, voice-enhancement devices, aerosols, noise-making devices, mace, pepper spray, weapons of any kind.
- Mask-wearing for those attending the September 14 meeting in-person will follow LCPS’ current guidance for the 2021-2022 school year and posted signs at the LCPS Administrative Offices.
- There will be no public access to bathrooms or other facilities inside the LCPS Administrative Offices.
The board will consider five action items during the meeting: a Resolution Celebrating the Life and Honoring the Memory of Leslee King; a Resolution for National Hispanic Heritage Month; the Revision of Policy 7560, Professional Conduct; the adoption of Revised Policy 8270, Student Dress Code; and the Adoption of Revised Policy 5030, Assessment and Grading.
The agenda contains five information items:
- LCPS Head Start Program Recruitment, Outreach and Enrollment Policy 2021-2022 update.
- New Policy 5350, Parental Notification for Screening and Assessments.
- Revision of Policy 2510, School - Community Communications and Community Involvement.
- Preliminary 2021-2022 Enrollment Report.
- Vaccine Mandates for Staff and Athletes.
The meeting will be live-streamed on LCPS.org and televised on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.