- Loudoun County Public Schools
School Board Agenda February 23
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a virtual meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday, February 23, with some School Board members participating in the School Board meeting room at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices in Ashburn, and some participating remotely.
The full meeting agenda is available on the LCPS website.
The School Board will accept public comment three ways – in-person, live virtually (remote) and written – at this meeting. The cut-off time to sign up for all comments will be 90 minutes before the meeting. (Sign up for in-person comment will be accepted at the Administrative Offices until 4:55 p.m.)
Note: To more efficiently serve the public, comment registration forms will be limited to the current School Board meeting. Please sign up for only one method of public comment. Speakers will not be allowed to use multiple methods to comment.
Telephone registration for in-person public comment will open at 8 a.m. Monday and close at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Telephone registration will be accepted at 571-252-1030.
The board will consider three action items during the meeting: A proclamation recognizing Equity in Education Month; the creation of a Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee; and the revision of Policy 8410, Immunization Requirements (Former Policy 8-51).
The agenda contains six information items:
- Information Related to the COVID-19 Response.
- A resolution to request that the Governor expand the list of authorized activities to include all public school organizations with outdoor competitions and performances.
- A School Naming Committee for the New Alternative High School.
- A Work Plan for the Joint School Board and Board of Supervisors Committee.
- Adoption of Policy 5045, Selection and Review of Instructional Materials (Previously Policy 5-7)
- Revision to Policy 5010, School Day (Previously Policy 5-2).
The meeting will be live-streamed on LCPS.org and televised on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.
Published February 19, 2021