- Loudoun County Public Schools
Special School Board Agenda for June 29 Meeting
The Loudoun County School Board will hold a virtual meeting at 4 p.m. Monday, June 29. All School Board members and staff representatives will participate electronically from remote locations. The LCPS Administrative Building will be closed, and no opportunities for public participation will be available there.
Live public comment will be accepted virtually and aired in real time during this meeting. Online and telephone registration will be open through 3 p.m. Monday (telephone registrations may be made between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday at 571-252-1030).
To participate in the June 29, 2020, School Board meeting, please register here.
The full meeting agenda is available on the LCPS website.
The board will consider three action items during the meeting: Change in the 2020-2021 School Calendar, Possible Resolution -- Operation of Schools During the 2020-2021 School Year and Renaming of the Loudoun County High School Mascot.
The agenda also contains five information items. The information items include:
- Summer 2020 School Board Meeting Schedule.
- Renewal of Middleburg Community Charter School (MCCS) and Hillsboro Charter Academy (HCA) Support Services and Technology Services Contracts.
- Hillsboro Charter Academy (HCA) Reopening Proposal for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Overview of Return to School Parent and Staff Survey Results.
- An update on the LCPS Continued Response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Loudoun County School Board believes that strong community engagement and outreach are important components of a successful school system, even while the COVID-19 crisis requires special arrangements to safely conduct business while implementing recommended preventative measures. The meeting will be available for public viewing through the live-stream telecast on LCPS.org, and live on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.
Published June 25, 2020