We are happy to announce our2019-2020 DECA Officer Leadership Team#VADECAVision #HereWeGoBriar Woods High School DECA Chapter Executive Team:
- President: Allyson Ariganello
- VP of Leadership: Caden Greene
- VP of Community Service & Alumni Relations: Ainsley Cragin
- Executive VP of Career Development: Peter Hawes
- VP of Career Development: Anika Damaraju
- VP of Marketing: Sophia Ferguson
- Historian: Melina Melissinos
- VP of SBE: Sydney Topper
- VP of Hospitality: Emily Brown
- Membership Recognition Manager: Aditi Garg
- Secretary: Allie Harvich
- VA DECA VP Region 1: Latiksha Kudupudi
What is DECA?
DECA is a student marketing organization that works as a basic component of Marketing Education programs that support and enhance school and work based learning. The organization provides students with the proper skills, knowledge and experience to succeed in a global economy.
DECA’s objective is to support the development of marketing and management skills in career areas such as hospitality, finance, sales and service, business administration and entrepreneurship. Programs and activities are tailored to the specific career interest of students and include technical skills, basic scholastic and communication skills, human relations and employability skills, and a strong emphasis on economics and free enterprise.
The mission of DECA is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management.
How can you join DECA?Any student who is currently enrolled in a Marketing class (Introduction to Business & Marketing, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Marketing I, Advanced Marketing, and Personal Finance) may join DECA.2019-2020 DECA Competition Dates:
- District Leadership Conference (DLC) Monday, Nov. 4: Independence High School
- State Leadership Conference (SLC) February 28-March 1: Virginia Beach, VA
- International Career and Development Conference (ICDC) April 28-May 3: Nashville, TN
Become a Professional or Alumni Member today!Chapter Advisors: