Woodgrove PTSO Accomplishments
- Hosts Annual Staff welcome back breakfast
- Funds incentives for Safe Schools Ambassador Program
- Sponsors Kaplan SAT/ACT practice test
- Provides incentives for those students retaking SOLs in Reading/Writing
- Provides refreshments and shoe and coat check-in for Homecoming
- Supplies Coffee cart and breakfast items during American Education Week
- Helps fund Western Loudoun History Research Project
- Co-sponsors dances
- Purchased Smart Pal manipulatives and batteries for Math Department
- Funded start up equipment costs for new course offerings in outdoor PE and Astronomy
- Funds My Access online editing writing program for 11th grade students
- Supported WHS Latin Club state convention participation
- Funded Noodle Tools - a web based subscription program for learning how to properly research and cite sources.
- Funds start up costs for Outlander Student Newspaper
- Welcomed guest speakers on utilizing LCPS databases and research tools and Assistive Technology resources.
- Provides teacher recognition rewards for the WHS PBIS program.
- Sponsors senior breakfast and after graduation celebration
- Keeps the Woodgrove community informed and up-to-date with news from all school departments through publication of the Woodgrove Weekly e-newsletter, facebook and twitter.
- Awards two scholarships to members of the Woodgrove senior class and 2 scholarships to CAMPUS seniors
- Supplies volunteers for over 20 yearly events.
The Woodgrove High School PTSO raises funds through membership dues, school reward programs, volunteer work, Kaplan ACT/SAT test registrations, and other fundraisers throughout the school year.
Last Modified on October 19, 2016