Who is the Brambleton Middle School Family Liaison?
Name: Lauren Dauphinais
What is a Family Liaison?
A Family Liaison is a school employee who works to bridge the gap between home and school by helping parents get the information and support they need to ensure their child’s academic and social success. As a parent, you have a private link, connection and bridge to your child’s school.
How Can the Family Liaison Help Me?
Often, parents feel uncomfortable about sharing their questions or concerns with the teachers or school administration. Because good communication between home and school is such a vital part of your child’s academic success, the Family Liaison will listen to your concerns and then work with you to make sure that your situation, question or point of view is expressed and understood. The Family Liaison will help you find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child’s success in school.
Family Liaisons can…
- Facilitate parent-school communication
- Facilitate community agency referrals
- Encourage parent involvement in the school
- Foster trust between parents and the educational community
- Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel
What Additional Assistance Can the Family Liaison Provide?
- Provide you with a personal tour of the school and explain the programs and resources available to you and your child. (Note: You do not have to be a new parent to get a school tour.)
- Discuss some of the ways you can get more involved with the school.
- Answer questions you may have about school rules and regulations.
- Help arrange meetings between you and your child’s teachers or the school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
- At your request, accompany you to a parent conference or other important meetings at the school to help clarify information about your child or home situation.
- Help arrange for an interpreter if you need to communicate in your own language.
Special Help and Services:
- Find out whom you need to call or where you need to go when searching for special help or services for your child or family.