TRANSFER PROCESS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is my Employee Identification Number?
Your Employee Identification Number is your Personal Identification Number (PID) which can be found on your pay stub.
2. If I enter Round I of the Transfer Process, am I more at risk for being involuntarily transferred to a school not of my choice?
3. I registered on-line for the transfer process last year. Do I need to register again?
Yes, each year the transfer process begins anew – no carryovers from the previous year.
4. Why is the Transfer Process limited to licensed employees who have successfully taught three (3) years and have achieved continuing contract status, or achieved continuing contract status by the end of the 2006 - 2007 school year?
The Superintendent and Administration believe that the teachers new to the profession need at least three (3) years to establish themselves. This is best accomplished if the employee remains in a stable working environment.
5. May I request a transfer to another area where I hold licensure?
Yes, even if you do not want to change schools, you can enter the transfer process to change subject areas for which you are endorsed and considered highly qualified.
6. If I do not get the transfer I requested in Round I, may I apply in Round II and Round
7. If I get involuntarily transferred in Round I, may I apply in Round II and Round
8. What is meant by “voluntary” and “involuntary”?
Voluntary means you voluntarily entered the transfer process and received a transfer to a requested position or location. Involuntary means that you received a
placement that you did not request. If involuntarily transferred in Round I, then you may request a different position in Round II or Round
9. If I get involuntarily transferred in Round I, what are my options?
Teachers Eligible for the Transfer Process
a.) All eligible teachers who are involuntarily transferred may also apply for any openings posted in Round II and/or Round
III. Please refer to regulation 7-12.
Teachers Ineligible for the Transfer Process
b.) Teachers who were involuntarily transferred and who would not otherwise have been eligible to transfer will be eligible for transfer only to their original school in Round II or
III. Please refer to regulation 7-12.
10. If I were involuntarily transferred in Round I, and accept a position in Round II, may I still apply to go back to my original school in Round
11. How will I find out if I have been transferred?
You will be notified by e-mail (at the e-mail address you entered for the Transfer Process) on
Monday, March 3, 2008.
12. If I apply in Round I to more than one school, do I get to choose?
13. May I transfer to a Dean or Department Chair position?
No. These positions are posted, similar to other administrative positions, on the LCPS website.
14. What does “EOY” mean?
End of Year Contract
15. May I apply for a transfer even if this is my first year with LCPS?
Only if you have achieved or will be achieving continuing contract status by the end of the 2007-2008 school year.
16. May I apply for a transfer if I am on the “December List”?
No. If your Principal has placed you on the “December List” you are not allowed to participate in any round of the transfer process.
17. Can I change the forms for each position I apply?
18. Who will notify me if I am selected for an interview for each position I apply?
You will be notified if you are selected for an interview by the appropriate Principal.
19. Who will notify me if I am selected for a transfer?
An Administrator from the Department for Personnel Services will contact you if selected for a different position.
20. Is all of the information saved between rounds?
No. Only the Relevant Experience Form is saved. The Transfer Application is required at the beginning of each Round.