Who We Are
Parents, teachers, and student volunteers run make up your Potomac Falls High School PTSO (Parent-Teacher-Student Organization). We are a 501(3)(c) organization made up of volunteers who want to enrich the educational experience to benefit students, teachers, and Potomac Falls High School.
What We Do
Your PTSO supports the PFHS and membership dues are a primary PTSO fundraiser: ALL MONEY GOES TO HELP THE STUDENTS AND THE SCHOOL! Members will qualify for a $100 gift card raffle if they attend all 6 meetings or $50 if they attend 4 of 6 meetings!
Here's a short list of what your PTSO does.
- SAT Test Prep Programs & SAT Practice Tests*
- Senior Graduation Activity (formerly Project Grad)
- Restaurant Spirit Nights
- Celebrate our teachers with GREAT Hospitality throughout the school year
- Teacher Grants
*October SAT Prep class is closed due to high enrollment. March and April classes will soon be available for registration.
Make a difference in our school for our children
- JOIN the PTSO today, $25 dollars is all it costs! ($20 before October 1st)
- ATTEND meetings to share good news, connect parents with admin, teachers, and student reps and highlight a school department!
- SHOP through Amazon Smile
- SAT Practice test volunteer
- Teacher Appreciation Volunteer
- Hospitality Volunteer
- Senior Graduation Activity Volunteer (formerly Project Grad)
- Fundraising Event Volunteer
- On Call Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) Representative - attend monthly LCPS meeting
- MSAAC (Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee) Representative - attend monthly LCPS meeting
Support PFHS with Amazon Smile
Bookmark this link PFHS AmazonSmile: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=pofahiscpt-20
Do all of your Amazon shopping through the AmazonSmile PFHS link and our school earns 0.5% of all sales!
Same selection, same prices, at no additional cost to you and the school earns money. Click here to learn how to set up shopping though AmazonSmile on you mobile device (Note: this is different than shopping with the Amazon App).
PTSO Team and Meeting Dates
2019 -2020 Team
- Linda Ables,
- Dawn Renzoni
- Melissa Lemmond
- Linda Smith
- Jen Elmi
- Jen Wike
- Sarah Hansma
- Tara Nelson
Your PTSO Meeting Dates
The PTSO is open to any parent of a PFHS student or any member of the PFHS staff or administration. Have 6 meetings at either 8:30AM or 5:30PM, ONE HOUR MAX, to share good news, connect parents with admin, teachers, and student reps and highlight a school department.
- Sept 18, 8:30 AM
- Nov 13, 5:30 PM
- Jan 15, 8:30 AM
- Feb 26, 5:30 PM
- Apr 1, 5:30 PM
- May 13, 8:30 AM - VOTE—NEW OFFICER ELECTIONS/LAST MEETING OF SCHOOL YEAR
CONNECT WITH US