THANK YOU - ARCOLA SPIRIT NIGHTS AND PTA FUNDRAISER
The PTA wants to say Thank You to the following local restaurants for supporting Arcola!
- Papa John's Pizza - Dulles
- Vocelli's Pizza - Stone Ridge
- Manhattan Pizza - South Riding
- Panera Bread
- Glory Day's Grill
Every year, the PTA fundraises through events and product sales to fund educational programs, events and support to the school for Arcola’s students, families, and teachers. Typically, we raise and spend around $60,000 – this is considered our operating budget. In the school year 2014-2015, we funded several programs including the following:
- Classroom technology support including iPads and a MacBook
- School assemblies
- Teacher classroom support
- Principal incentives – classroom and program support
- Educational programs including the Geography Bee, Science Fair, DARE, Reflections, Wordmasters and Odyssey of the Mind
- School Support programs including Donuts for Dads, Teacher Appreciation Week, Teacher Work Day Meals
- Field Trip fee assistance
- School grounds improvement including building our new track!
The Arcola Elementary School PTA is raising money this year to continue to fund these programs and provide school support. We are trying to purchase additional iPads for students and teachers to use and document readers to improve how teachers share information with their classes.
If you do make a direct donation, please check with your company. Many companies will match donations made to non-profit organizations. We are happy to provide any information you may need. Remember, your direct donation is tax deductible.
Below are the fundraisers scheduled for this 2015-2016 school year.
Fundraising for PTA programs, events and school support
- Amazon Smile - You can help Arcola when shopping online at Amazon. Make sure you start your shopping here http://smile.amazon.com/ch/52-1542986 and then choose Arcola Elementary PTA as your organization. The school will received 0.5% of eligible purchases. It’s that EASY!
- Lavendar (Fall) - This year, our Fall Fundraiser will be through Lavender’s Inc. They offer many different products from kitchen equipment, to spring bulbs, cookie dough, and wrapping paper. Students can earn a ton of prizes, and any student that sells 25 items will be whisked away to a local restaurant in a limo for lunch. The top selling class will also win a Friends’ of the National Zoo Adopt a Panda package. The program runs through October 3rd.
- Winter Bingo (December)
- After School Enrichment (three sessions)
- PTA Memberships (ongoing)
- Good Search (ongoing) and GoodShop (ongoing)
- Donations from families (ongoing)
- Scrip Gift Cards (monthly)
- Spirit Items (ongoing)
- Walk-a-Thon (May)
- Donations from corporations and families
The PTA wants to say THANK YOU for all you have done to support the many events we have hosted so far. Every year we attempt to offer events and fundraising opportunities that will appeal to everyone. We do not expect everyone to participate in every event or fundraiser but rather to pick and chose what appeals to your family.
If you would like to make a TAX DEDUCTABLE direct donation to the Arcola Elementary PTA, you may do so at anytime. Something to keep this in mind while you are doing your end of the year tax planning! However you chose to support Arcola, we appreciate it!