Parents & School Staff Together
Encourage Excellent Character In Children
Teach - Enforce - Advocate – Model!
· Walk the Walk - model the six pillars in from of your children
· Talk the Talk - Use the language and definitions of the six pillars in family discussions.
· Incorporate - use the six pillars when setting expectations of behavior
· Follow Through - discuss the six pillars in giving rewards for positive behavior and consequences for negative behavior
· Emphasize - let school and home enhance each other by both emphasizing a pillar each month:
· Work as a family to build character in the emphasized area
· Write "family rules" relating to each pillar
· "Catch" each other doing the right thing
“We show respect and teach responsibility by providing young people with the opportunity to participate in decisions that affect them."