Senior Checklist: Applying to Colleges
- Identify the colleges you want to apply to and create a list of important deadlines and criteria for the applications. Make sure you are applying for the Fall 2019 school year.
- If you need a recommendation for the application, ask for it personally and give your recommender your profile sheet. The recommendation letter should be sent electronically to your school counselor.
For the School Counseling Office:
- Use a separate Transcript Release/Request Form for every college you apply to and turn in to the School Counseling Office at least10 business days in advance of the application deadline.
- How to ORDER your Transcript on Parchment*.
- Research colleges on Naviance Student: http://cmsweb1.lcps.org/domain/4623
- Visit your top college choices and ask for further information about the application process.
- When colleges of interest come to SBHS, come and meet their representative in person. This is usually the person who will be reading your application! Sign up with your Naviance Student account. A tutorial video is here.
- Take your time writing your college essays and short answer questions. Submit them to a teacher or another strong writer who knows you well before attaching them to your application.
- Parents can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1, 2018.
- ACT and SAT scores are not sent through Stone Bridge, they must be requested though ACT.org or CollegeBoard.org.