Transcript and Student Records Information
Need a copy of your student record? Use our online system to place a request.
A cumulative scholastic record is maintained for every student enrolled in Loudoun County Public Schools. The Student Records Department supervises the administration of active and inactive student scholastic records, provides onsite record management training for school staff, archives eligible student records, fulfills requests for records not located in schools, and provides education verification to requesting agencies. LCPS offers a convenient and secure website for former students and third parties to request student information or records online.
A request for a student's transcript (or other school records) requires a signed release:
- If a student is under 18 years of age, records are only available to those who have written authorization from the parent/guardian.
- If a student is 18 years of age or older, records will not be available to anyone, including a parent/guardian, without the student’s written consent.
- High school, middle school and elementary school transcripts
- Immunization records
- Graduation verification
- Special education and special services records (i.e., homebound, ELL, gifted/talented, etc.) are only maintained for five years following graduation, transfer, or withdrawal from Loudoun County Public Schools. After five years these records are destroyed in compliance with Library of Virginia policy. Click here to view the Library of Virginia Records Retention Schedule. If you believe any of these records may be needed in the future, we highly recommend obtaining copies before they are destroyed.
How to Request Records
- Former Student (last attended within the past 5 years) - submit your request to the LAST school attended. Use the School Locater in the upper right hand corner of this page to find your school. For high school students, go to the Counseling section of the school's website. Find Transcript Request on the left side under Quick Links to make your online request.
- Former Student (last attended 6 years or more) - Click here if you are a former student from 2012-13 or earlier, and would like to order your transcript. Transcript requests are made online. Payment is made using our secure credit/debit card payment system.
- GEDs – Click here if you are trying to obtain a copy of the GED certificate.
- Government Agency - Transcript and graduation verification requests are free of charge for all county, state, and federal government agencies. As a third party requester, a release of records signed and dated by the student is required. Your request must include their date of birth, their maiden name or name as it was when they attended LCPS, name of school attended, and year of graduation or last year of attendance. Please email your request and signed release to email@example.com. If you would like to pick up the request, please call Student Records at 571-751-2594 in advance and we will do our best to have your request ready upon arrival.
- Verifications – Click here if you are a third party agency verifying a student graduation.
How to Request a Replacement Diploma
A reprint of your diploma may be ordered through the Counselors Office at the school you graduated from. Use the School Locater in the upper right hand corner of this page to find your school.
How to Order Advanced Placement or College Entrance Test Scores
- ACT – Click here to order ACT scores
- SAT Scores – Click here to order SAT scores from College Board
- Advanced Placement Scores - Click here to order AP Scores from College Board
Subpoena of Student Records
If the student currently attends LCPS or last attended LCPS in the past 5 years, submit your request to the LAST school attended. Use the School Locater in the upper right hand corner of this page to find your school.
For former students from 2012-13 and before, Archived student records are housed at the Student Records Office at Round Hill Center. Subpoenas should be issued to Student Records Manager at the address below.
Student Records Department
Round Hill Center
20 High Street
Round Hill, VA 20141
Hours of Operation: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday