Transcript and Student Records InformationReport Card


    Need a copy of your student record? Use our online system to place a request.



    A cumulative scholastic record is maintained for every student enrolled in Loudoun County Public Schools.  The Student Records Department supervises the administration of active and inactive student scholastic records, provides onsite record management training for school staff, archives eligible student records, fulfills requests for records not located in schools, and provides education verification to requesting agencies. LCPS offers a convenient and secure website for former students and third parties to request student information or records online.


    A request for a student's transcript (or other school records) requires a signed release:

    • If a student is under 18 years of age, records are only available to those who have written authorization from the parent/guardian.
    • If a student is 18 years of age or older, records will not be available to anyone, including a parent/guardian, without the student’s written consent.


    Records Available


    • High school, middle school and elementary school transcripts
    • Immunization records
    • Graduation verification


    Important Note


    • Special education and special services records (i.e., homebound, ELL, gifted/talented, etc.) are only maintained for five years following graduation, transfer, or withdrawal from Loudoun County Public Schools.  After five years these records are destroyed in compliance with Library of Virginia policy. Click here to view the Library of Virginia Records Retention Schedule. If you believe any of these records may be needed in the future, we highly recommend obtaining copies before they are destroyed.


    Requesting Records for Current Students


    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives parents, or student's age 18 or older (eligible students), the right to inspect and review the student's education records maintained by the school. LCPS Policy 8630 includes the right to obtain a copy of the records. According to LCPS Regulation 4020, annually the school division shall provide free of charge one copy of a student’s scholastic record when it is 25 pages or less. Scholastic records in excess of 25 pages shall be charged at $0.10 per page beyond the initial 25 pages. All additional copies requested will be charged $0.10 per page for all pages. To submit a FERPA reqeust:


    • Fill out LCPS FERPA Request Form and submit to the school administrator
    • Schedule an Inspect and Review meeting with the Principal or designee
    • Copies may be provided at the meeting, or available in a reasonable amount of time


    FERPA also gives parents and eligible students the right to seek to amend the student's education records. To initiate this process, fill out the LCPS Student Records Amendment Form and submit to the school administrator.


    How to Request Records


    • Former Student (last attended within the past 5 years) - submit your request to the LAST school attended. Use the School Locater in the upper right hand corner of this page to find your school. For high school students, go to the Counseling section of the school's website. Find Transcript Request on the left side under Quick Links to make your online request.
    • Former Student (last attended 6 years or more)Click here if you are a former student from 2013-14 or earlier, and would like to order your transcript. Transcript requests are made online. Payment is made using our secure credit/debit card payment system.
    • GEDs Click here if you are trying to obtain a copy of the GED certificate.
    • Government Agency - Transcript and graduation verification requests are free of charge for all county, state, and federal government agencies.  As a third party requester, a release of records signed and dated by the student is required.  Your request must include their date of birth, their maiden name or name as it was when they attended LCPS, name of school attended, and year of graduation or last year of attendance. Please email your request and signed release to studentrecords@lcps.org. If you would like to pick up the request, please call Student Records in advance and we will do our best to have your request ready upon arrival.
    • VerificationsClick here if you are a third party agency verifying a student graduation.



    How to Request a Replacement Diploma


    A reprint of your diploma may be ordered through the Counselors Office at the school you graduated from. Use the School Locater in the upper right hand corner of this page to find your school.


    How to Order Advanced Placement or College Entrance Test Scores


    • ACTClick here to order ACT scores
    • SAT ScoresClick here to order SAT scores from College Board
    • Advanced Placement Scores - Click here to order AP Scores from College Board


    Subpoena of Student Records


    If the student currently attends LCPS or last attended LCPS in the past 5 years, submit your request to the LAST school attended. Use the School Locater in the upper right hand corner of this page to find your school.


    For former students from 2013-14 and before, Archived student records are housed at the Student Records Office at Round Hill Center.  Subpoenas should be issued to Student Records Manager at the address below. 


    Student Records Department

    Round Hill Center

    20 High Street

    Round Hill, VA 20141

    Telephone: 540-751-2594

    Fax: 540-338-2702

    Email: StudentRecords@lcps.org

    Hours of Operation: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday

Last Modified on June 18, 2019