Teachers-in-Training (TNT)Teachers-in-Training is an important phase in the development of future teachers. Loudoun County Public Schools welcomes colleges and universities to develop a partnership to train and nurture future educators.How to request a Teachers-in-Training Placement:
Fall 2018 Requests
Requests for student teaching for fall 2018, need to be submitted by April 27, 2018. Practicum, field experience and other requests can be submitted until September 28, 2018 for fall 2018 placements.
Spring 2018 Requests
Requests for student teaching for spring 2018, need to be submitted by November 10, 2017. Practicum, field experience and other requests can be submitted until January 26, 2018 for spring 2018 placements.
All requests must come from universities/colleges to include the following:
- Name of the student
- Grade level(s)
- Placement dates/completion dates
- Number of hours needed
- Student’s email address
- Students must submit an application and apply to the Teachers-in-Training Vacancy (IRC185)- CLICK HERE TO APPLY)
- If the student is an employee of LCPS they do not need to complete an application, however we need to know his or her school location and position title. If the student is an employee of LCPS, they may be required to submit an educational leave request to his or her principal. Please have the student/employee review the request, prior to submitting his or her placement request to LCPS for student teaching, practicum, field experience, observation, internship, etc.
All students must complete the following:
Attend a Teachers-in-Training orientation
Complete all Teachers-in-Training required paperwork
If you are a college or university coordinator for Teachers-in-Training (student teachers/interns) and wish to place your students in Loudoun County Public Schools, please contact Gary Gearhart in the Department of Human Resources and Talent Development, at 571-252-1555.
- TB Test
- Child Protective Service Form
- Bloodborne Pathogens Verification