Hello Husky Families!
My name is Meghan Aloshen and I am your PTA President for the 2021-2022 school year. My oldest son is in 2nd grade this year and I have a younger son in preschool. We love our Husky community and are very excited to be back in school this year! Our Treasurer for this year is Matt Tabler, his daughter is a 3rd grader, and our secretary this year is Ashleigh Curtis, she has one daughter in 3rd grade and one in 1st. We’re all very excited to make this an awesome year!
Your membership gives you a voice and a vote in deciding how we direct our efforts and our funds. Your attendance is encouraged (but not required!) at the general meetings where enrichment programs, budgets, and school events will be discussed. We are committed to making meetings available to everyone so we will be hosting meetings in person at DTES in the Library AND streaming the meetings live.
We invite you to join the DTES PTA where you can connect with other families to create a community where families feel valued, respected, and known. You become a part of the Virginia State PTA and National PTA, the most powerful children’s advocacy organization in the country. Most importantly, you open the door for more opportunities for you and your child to have an enriching, successful, and FUN school year.
There is no wrong or right way to be involved – anything you can give, whether it is time or money (even if that is only the membership fee), will support your child’s potential. We invite you to join because we can do more together than apart. It only takes 5 minutes. https://dtes.memberhub.com/store
Three Ways To Stay Informed
- Facebook: we have a very active Facebook community and we invite you to join us to keep in touch and involved. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DTESPTA
- PTA PawPrints Website: bookmark this site for updates, reminders, and volunteer opportunities. https://www.lcps.org/Page/44830
- PTA PawPrints Newsletter: join the PTA through MemberHub and you will be added to our email list to receive periodic emails about our upcoming events, meetings, and volunteer opportunities. https://dtes.memberhub.com/store
- CANCELLED Tuesday, October 19th: PTA Social. We hope to reschedule this later in the year.
- Thursday, November 11th: PTA Meeting (DTES Library & Online) 7:00pm
- Tuesday, November 16th - Monday, November 29th: Boosterthon
- Thursday, December 2nd: PTA Meeting (DTES Library & Online) 7:00pm
- Friday, December 10th: Holiday Carnival TBD
If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or would like to volunteer, please feel free to email us: