Hello 5th grade parents and students! I am so excited to be teaching 5th grade for my twelth year at Liberty Elementary! I am originally from Grand Haven, Michigan. I grew up only 5 minutes from the beautiful Lake Michigan, where I would spend most of my summer at the beach! I graduated from Grand Valley State University with my B.A. degree in English and Elementary Education.
Teaching has always been a passion of mine since I was young. I love guiding children to explore, discuss, create, and discover the power of knowledge independently and with each other! My goal is create a classroom community that fosters and celebrates individuality, creativity, STEM and PBL opportunities, technology, and engagement in the discovery of learning!
Over the summer, I spent most of my time relaxing, reading, catching up on shows, and enjoying walks and snuggles with our dog, Indy, a Viszla who is almost 2 years old. We made a trip back to Michigan and the Outer Banks to spend time with our families!
I am ready to start another exciting school year! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and creating lasting memories for an unforgettable 5th grade year!
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I took a volunteer trip to Costa Rica to help teach English
- I got married in November! It was a truly magical day!
- I love to travel and have had the opportunity to go to some beautiful places including Japan, Germany, France, Italy.
- I ran my first half marathon in the Rock N'Roll Marathon and Half Marathon in D.C. about 9 years ago now. I love running 5ks throughout the year.
-I have three brothers and a nephew.
- In my free time, I like to read, listen to music, sing, stay active by running, dancing, doing yoga, hiking, skiing and hula hooping!
-My favorite color is any shade of purple.
-My favorite animals are elephants, owls, hummingbirds, and cheetahs.
-I love coffee!
-I love shopping at Target, Homegoods, and TJ Maxx
-My favorite season in autumn! I love everything about it; the cooler weather, the colorful leaves, and fall decorations!
I can't wait to learn more about each of you and all your favorite things!