Hello 5th grade parents and students! I am so excited to be teaching 5th grade for my thirteenth year at Liberty Elementary! I am originally from Grand Haven, Michigan. I grew up only 5 minutes from the beautiful Lake Michigan, where I would spend most of my summer at the beach! I graduated from Grand Valley State University with my B.A. degree in English and Elementary Education.
Teaching has always been a passion of mine since I was young. I love guiding children to explore, discuss, create, and discover the power of knowledge independently and with each other! My goal is to create a classroom community that fosters and celebrates individuality, creativity, STEM and PBL opportunities, technology, and engagement in the discovery of learning!
Over the summer, I enjoyed time with my husband and son, Warren, who is 6 months old now. It has been so nice to be home with him this summer, playing with him and watching him discover new things. He loves to play in his bouncy chair and walker as well as take stroller rides and go to swimming class. We took a trip to Michigan to visit my family. I got to meet my new niece, Emma, who is 3 months old now. It was a lot of fun watching Emma and Warren meet each other for the first time as well as catch up with my parents and siblings.
I am ready to start another exciting school year! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and creating lasting memories of an unforgettable 5th grade year!
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I took a volunteer trip to Costa Rica to help teach English
- I love to travel and have had the opportunity to go to some beautiful places, including Japan, Germany, France, Italy.
- I ran my first half marathon in the Rock N'Roll Marathon and Half Marathon in D.C. about 9 years ago now. I love running 5ks throughout the year.
-I have three brothers, 2 nieces, and 1 nephew.
- I have a Vizsla named Indy who is 2 years old. He is full of energy and loves to cuddle on the couch and go places in the car.
- In my free time, I like to read, listen to music, sing, stay active by running, dancing, doing yoga, hiking, skiing and hula hooping!
-My favorite color is any shade of purple.
-My favorite animals are elephants, owls, hummingbirds, and cheetahs.
-I love coffee!
-I love shopping at Target, Homegoods, and TJ Maxx
-My favorite season is Autumn! I love everything about it; the cooler weather, the colorful leaves, and fall decorations!
I can't wait to learn more about each of you and all your favorite things!