Reading ResourceThe Literacy Program atCreighton’s Corner Elementary SchoolWe love to read books and write stories! At Creighton’s Corner, we learn so much about reading and writing each and every day. We use a comprehensive literacy approach that supports students as they grow into successful, lifelong learners. This approach provides students with various opportunities to participate in read alouds, as well as shared, interactive, guided and independent reading and writing activities.
On behalf of each student, the following objectives are set:
· To develop basic skills that enable them to get meaning from print.
· To think critically about what is read.
· To use reading across the curriculum as a tool for learning.
· To experience the rewards and pleasures of reading.
· To become independent writers who write for a variety of purposes.