Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
As part of Loudoun County's K-5 Comprehensive School Counseling Program, the counselors at Rosa Lee Carter support each student in reaching his or her full academic, career, and social-emotional potential in order to become a responsible and successful community member.
The students at RLC are well-rounded problem solvers who will use their academic and social skills to become lifelong learners. School counselors provide a comprehensive school counseling program in the areas of academic, career and social-emotional development through a collaborative partnership with students, teachers, families, our school and community.
- All students have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that contribute to their social-emotional, academic and career goals
- A student's basic needs must be met for optimal learning
- School Counselors work collaboratively with teachers, parents, administration, and stakeholders to ensure a student's success
- School Counselors are committed to ongoing professional development
- Our Comprehensive School Counseling Program should be aligned with the American School Counselor Association's [ASCA] National Model (mindsets and behaviors, ethical standards, and data-driven program development)