Home of the Jaguars
The purpose of physical education is to help students acquire the knowledge, processes, skills, and confidence needed to engage in meaningful physical activity both in the present and for a lifetime. The practice of leading a physically active lifestyle will bring about personal enjoyment, challenge, satisfaction, and a health-enhancing level of personal fitness. Thus, the student will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate competence in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.(Skilled Movement)
- Apply movement principles and concepts to learning and developing motor skills and specialized movement forms.(Movement Principles and Concepts)
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of personal fitness.(Personal Fitness)
- Demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviors in physical activity settings. (Responsible Behaviors)
- Demonstrate a physically active lifestyle, including activity within and outside of the physical education setting. (Physically Active Lifestyle)
The combination of these five goals lead students toward being able to lead an active, healthy lifestyle skillfully, knowledgeably, responsibly, and vigorously.