2020-2021 Information is COMING SOON!
Dear Potowmack Families,
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the new school year at Potowmack Elementary! The PTA is excited to work with all of Potowmack's families and teachers to continue the tradition of excellence in education, nurturing and character building for our children.
The purposes of the PTA are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
This year we plan to fulfill those purposes by sponsoring programs such as assemblies, family events and raising funds to support the many educational programs our teachers have discovered. One such exciting program is classroom video-conferencing, which will allow our students to learn from marine biologists and other educators around the world!The PTA is an excellent opportunity for parents to become involved in their child's education, which research has proven has a direct impact on the child's performance in school. We encourage you to share your time, talents and gifts with the Potowmack Elementary PTA this school year. Become a member ($10 fee) and mark your calendars to attend our General Membership meetings. Meetings will be held the first Thursday of every month (alternating mornings and evenings), with a few exceptions to accommodate school holidays and religious observances.