Newton-Lee Physical Education
Grades 1 thru 5 students will have P.E. three times a week. Our primary objective is to equip students with a variety of skills, strategies and activities that keep them moving throughout their lifetimes!
It is important for students to wear tennis shoes for PE in order for safe participation in all activities. Students should also remember to wear comfortable clothing on the days that they have PE scheduled. Depending on the specific activity, on a given day, students who do not wear the appropriate footwear may not be allowed to participate in class.
If a student must be temporarily excused due to illness or injury, parents please send a note to the PE teacher. If the illness or injury persists longer than one week, please send a note from the doctor (Physician Activity Checklist).
NEWTON-LEE Physical Education Events and Accomplishments:
* One to the World Jump Rope for Heart Event in 2015 featuring 5th Graders as the Teachers
* One to the World Staff Development for Elementary PE teachers
* 3 exciting Olympic Themed Field Days (2008 Beijing Games, 2012 Royal Games, 2016 Rio Carnivale)
* 4 Olympic Themed Ceremonies / Student Performances (2006, 2008, 2010, 2016)
* Teamed with Music to develop an annual Music and PE in 2008
* Annual Jump Rope for Heart Event started in 2006
* N.L.E. After School Enrichment Program
A Tradition of Integrated Field Days!
Past Years Themes
2019 Where in the World...?
2018 Rainforest Rumble
2017 Wild Wild West 2
2016 Rio Carnivale
2015 Space Quest
2014 Storybook Adventures
2013 The Seven Seas
2012 The Royal Games
2011 The Great American Road Trip
2010 Space Jam
2009 Wild Wild West
2008 The Beijing Games
2007 Under the Sea
2006 Exploring Different Worlds