Welcome from the PTA!On behalf of the PTA and the community here at Mountain View, welcome to the 2017-18 school year! Thank you for your ongoing support of the PTA! Your presence and involvement in your child’s development and education are critical factors in their school success. When parents are actively engaged in their student's education, students benefit with:
- Higher grades and test scores
- Better attitudes and behavior
- Better school attendance
- More completed homework assignments
- Greater likelihood of graduating from high school
- Better chance of enrolling in postsecondary education.
Upcoming 2017-18 PTA Sponsored Events:
- Coffee Cart (September 8th)
- Grand Parents Day (September 11th)
- Kickball Game & Read-a-Thon Kick Off (September 22nd)
- WatchD.O.G.S. Pizza Party (September 28th)
- Pumpkin Carving RSVPs Due! (October 5th)
- Coffee Cart (October 13th)
- Spooktacular Bookfair Preview (October 13th)
- Pumpkin Carving (October 13th)
- MTV Drama Department's Lion King, Jr Starts (October 16th)
- ASA Classes Start (October 17th)
- General PTA Meeting (October 19th, 6:30pm. Guest Speaker Rachel Bailey)
- Monster Mash School Dance (October 27th)
- Veterans Day Program (November 10th)
- Mornings with Mom ( November 14th & 15th)
- General PTA Meeting (November 15th, 9:00am)
- Coffee Cart (November 17th)
10 Ways To Be Engaged in Your Student’s Learning and Support Mountain View:
- View the activity calendar to keep on top of what is going on at Mountain View.
- Show an interest in your child(ren)'s education; ask your child each day to tell you something he or she learned.
- Strive for excellence - not perfection; discuss what’s going on the classroom, on-going projects and due dates.
- Let your child(ren) know you believe in their ability to succeed in school; remember to praise effort as well as results.
- Reinforce good study and sleep habits; establish a daily routine and a quiet place at home where your child(ren) can complete homework; encourage organizational skills.
- Support your child(ren)’s overall health with good eating habits and encourage daily exercise.
- Volunteer and participate in school events and parent programs to show your child(ren) that you care and are committed to their learning and school success.
- Attend Back-to-School Nights, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Join the PTA and support the students, faculty, staff, and school.
- Attend PTA events and activities, and school programs throughout the year with your child(ren).
Last Modified on September 27, 2017