Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) will offer current seniors additional opportunities to take the College Board’s SAT test on Wednesday, September 23 and Tuesday, October 27, which are both school days. The SAT test will be offered on September 23, and the SAT test with Essay will be offered on October 27. SAT tests will be offered at each high school and students registered by Friday September 11th at 5:30PM. Bus transportation will be provided for students who indicate the need within the registration system.
Broad Run High School is offering the SAT without Essay on Wednesday September 23rd! We are excited that you have registered for the SAT and have developed a system to comply with COVID-19 guidelines. We are asking that you utilize this website link in order to have the most updated information. Broad Run will be enforcing social distancing guidelines so students will be standing next to social distancing cones outside the building and will also be standing at social distancing dots inside the building.
1. Students will park on the Football Stadium Side and/or Parents will drop off (West End Entry)
2. Arrival Time: 8AM; Doors Open at 7:45AM and Close at 8:30AM
3. Students will fill out COVID-19 Questionaire at Home (download & print) QUESTIONAIRE LINK
--> Students will NOT fill out temperature; Students will have temperature completed by our Heath Screening Team
--> Upon arrival we are asking each student to follow staff direction
LINE UP NEXT TO THE ORANGE TRAFFIC CONES ON OUTSIDE ENTRY
STAND ON SOCIAL DISTANCING DOTS IN HALLWAYS
Testing Room Check In Procedures:
Once students have passed through the temperature Check Screenings then students will follow the social distancing dots down the Hallway for room check in. Students will be asked to do the following at room check in:
1. Print confirmation email that will be sent on Tuesday September 22nd as their "Testing Ticket"
2. Verbally confirm: First Name, Last Name, LCPS Student ID, Mailing Address (Street Name Only)
3. SAT Room Administrator/Proctor will assign student to a specified seat Number.
- At the door, ask students to confirm that their phone and other electronic devices are powered off.
- Ask students to place their devices in their backpacks or bags and to place these bags to the front or side of the room, away from desks/tables.
- If a student doesn’t have a bag, student will label the item and place on tables in Hallway
- Students will remove their Number 2 pencils, calculator, drinks, and snacks from their bag and take them to their seat.
- WE ENCOURAGE STUDENT'S TO KEEP THEIR CELL PHONES IN THEIR VEHICLE IF THEY ARE DRIVING TO BROAD RUN OR TO BRING A SLING BAG TO PLACE THEIR CELL PHONE.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When and where will my scores be posted for the Wednesday September 23rd SAT School Day administration?
Since students registered through the Loudoun County Public Schools (LPCS) registration and payment portal the September 23rd test registration will not be reflected on your College Board Dashboard. However, your scores from the September 23rd test administration will post in the scores report on your College Board Dashboard on or after October 15, 2020.
2. Since we are testing through SAT School Day and I will be missing my 1st - 3rd block classes, how will attendance be taken and will I be excused?
Your teachers are aware that you are testing and the attendance office will be marking your attendance as "in school activity". Also, attendance will be taken at the start of the SAT so if you signed up to take the SAT but do not show up you will be marked as "unexcused absence".