1st Grade Musical
Thursday, May 9 @ 1:30 and 6:30 P.M.
Letters have been sent home and have details for what character your child is playing. Please review lines and lyrics with your child.Mrs. Holly Hoey- Johnson- Music Educator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org@MustangHoJo LCPS Music Department!
Welcome, Mustang Musicians!The Loudoun County elementary music curriculum consists of a well-planned sequence of developmentally appropriate experiences leading to clearly defined skills and knowledge. The program is designed to actively involve students of all learning modalities using materials carefully selected for their aesthetic value. The Loudoun County curriculum is aligned with the National Standards for Arts Education and the Virginia Standards of Learning.Music activities include many opportunities for students to sing, play instruments, move to music, listen and analyze, learn musical notation, create, and perform.The National Standards of Music Education have been updated to include:
* Creating Music
* Performing Music* Responding to MusicFor more information regarding the changes to these standards, click here
- Meadowland students in grades K-5 will receive two thirty minute music classes each week.
- STEP program will receive one thirty minute session each week.
- During our classes, students are exposed to a wide variety of music from differing cultures around the world including signficant Western composers (i.e. Bach, Beethoven, Mozart).
All classes will work on the following concepts:- Vocal Technique
- Music Literacy
- Movement to music
- Performance with Instruments
Students in grades 4 and 5 will play recorders.
Last Modified on April 2, 2019