LCPS VIDEO INTERCOM ENTRY SYSTEM
In an effort to increase the security of its schools, Loudoun County Public Schools is installing a video intercom entry system, called AIPHONE, at each of its 72 school facilities. The installation of AIPHONE at Hutchison Farm is now complete and is in operation.
AIPHONE will allow schools to lock all doors during the school day and still permit visitors to enter. Here is how to enter the school:
- Visitors will push a button on an intercom located on the wall by the main front door of the school.
- A security camera at the door will allow a school staff member to view the visitor on a screen inside the building.
- All visitors will be asked to show identification and state the reason for their visit. If the visitor is approved by the staff member, an electronic door lock will be released so that the visitor may enter the building.
- Once entry is granted, visitors must sign in at the main office and obtain a visitor’s badge.
- In the event school staff believes the person requesting entry is a danger to the students or staff, entry into the building will not be allowed.
LCPS asks for the cooperation of all visitors as this safety tool is implemented. Parents are an integral part of the education process and are encouraged to visit their child’s school. This safety measure will add yet another layer of security to our schools. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.