• Q: How do I register my child for school?

    A: The most current information is listed on the Loudoun County Public Schools web site.  Click here 

    Email requests for registration packets can be directed to our attendance secretary, Violet Sowa-Badders.

    Q: My child doesn’t feel well, what is the procedure if I need to keep him/her home from school?
    A: If a child will not be attending school please email the absentee email address: hrzabsentee@lcps.org, or call the school’s Call-In Line and notify us of the absence. The number is 571-434-3261. This service can be accessed 24 hours per day. Your information helps us account for every child, every day!

    Q: My child takes medication during school hours….what do I need to do?
    A: The Loudoun County School Board Policy states that all medication must be brought to the school by a parent or guardian; students may not carry any medication to school. The parent or guardian must fill out a medication form that can be picked up at the school or downloaded* and printed from this website. If the medication is a prescription from the physician, the physician must complete the form and return it to the school prior to administration of the medication.

    Q: Is my child permitted to bring cough drops to school?
    A: Cough drops must be brought to the school clinic by a parent or guardian with a note stating how often the cough drops are to be used.

    Q: My child is unable to participate in PE, what should I do?
    A: PE is part of the Virginia School Curriculum and therefore participation is required. If your child needs to be excused from PE for less than three days the parent must send a note stating the dates the child is to be excused and the reason for non-participation. If the student needs to miss PE for more than three days the student must bring in a note from the physician stating the reason for non-participation and include the date he may return to full activity.

    Q: How do I arrange to pick up work for my child who has missed school?
    A: Please email your child's teacher to arrange for him or her to leave work in the office for your child for you to pick up. Work can also be sent home with a sibling or another student if you arrange that with the teacher. 

    Q: My child will be going home a different way today. What do I need to do?
    A: Please send a note in with your child in the morning with specific directions for the teacher to follow. The teacher will notify the office of the change.

    Q: Homework is too much/ not enough.
    A: Please email your child’s teacher directly in order to discuss your concerns. Homework is supposed to be a meaningful extension of schoolwork done during the day. There are specific guidelines that teachers follow at each grade level.

    Q: What is the SEARCH program?  How are students selected for FUTURA?  Do we have a GIFTED and TALENTED program in the Loudoun County schools?

    A:  SEARCH is an enrichment program provided by Loudoun County Public Schools for children in grades kindergarten through 3rd grade.   It focuses on thinking skills and is designed to foster an environment in which students are encouraged to think and develop and excitement for learning and discovery.  A classroom based program, SEARCH is provided to all K-3 students.  Both the SEARCH specialized teacher, and the classroom teacher, work cooperatively to recognize and develop the potential for excellence in each student

    The FUTURA program serves students in grades 4 and 5.  It offers identified students one day each week to meet with their intellectual peer.  The majority of their school work takes place 4 days a week in their home school within the regular classroom.  Many FUTURA students find themselves in a different situation when they begin to work with other FUTURA students, often making them a better contributor within their home school as well. 

    Q: What school supplies are needed?  Can students buy school supplies at school?

    A: School supply lists for each grade are posted on the school website. Complete lists are available at the end of each school year for the following year.