The Hamilton ES Parent Liaison is Mrs. Balderson
You may contact her by calling Hamilton at 540-751-2570 or by email..
Role and Mission of the Parent Liaison
Current research emphasizes the importance of parent involvement in promoting school success. At the same time, lack of participation among parents of socially and culturally diverse students is also well-documented. Today’s families constantly deal with stress that impacts students’ abilities to participate in academic and extra-curricular school activities. If schools are to do an effective job of educating their increasingly diverse populations of students, they must find ways to communicate and build more cooperative working relationships with parents.
- Facilitate parent-school communication;
- Facilitate community agency referrals;
- Encourage parent involvement in the school;
- Foster trust between parents and the educational community;
- Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel.
Click here for additional information from the LCPS Website.