School Counseling MissionThe Evergreen Mill School Counseling Program provides child-centered, developmental, and preventive services that promote students' academic, social/ emotional, and career awareness at each stage of their development. Evergreen Mill believes when children are provided a safe and nurturing environment they reach their highest potential.
School Counseling Vision
· To provide counseling services that are inclusive and respectful of student and staff differences in gender, religion, ethnicity, race, ability, handicapping condition, and age.
· To work collaboratively with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to help implement the program in a systematic fashion to ensure all students succeed in school and are prepared for meaningful, productive living.
· Implement a comprehensive school counseling program that teaches student’s valuable academic, personal/social, and career skills that they will take with them throughout their entire educational experience.
· To implement a school counseling program based on accurate data specific to the needs of Evergreen Mill Elementary School
· To ensure the comprehensive school counseling program is provided by a Virginia Licensed and accredited School Counselor.