Here are some of the components of our program:
- Listening: Students learn to understand English spoken in a wide range of contexts.
- Speaking: Students learn to speak English, with increasing accuracy and fluency.
- Reading: Students learn to read in English with increasing comprehension for a variety of purposes.
- Writing: Students learn to produce written English with increasing fluency and accuracy.
- Culture: Students learn concepts that result in knowledge and awareness of the history and culture of their classmates
We have three EL teachers:
Mrs. Kakkad - 1st grade, 2nd grade
Mr. Ryman - 4th grade, 5th grade
Mrs. Ryman - Kindergarten, 3rd grade
We currently provide services to students who speak:
Spanish Swahili Arabic
Patois Chinese Tagalog
Punjabi Italian Turkish
We welcome these students and their cultures to the Catoctin Family!